Breastfeeding Moms

loisl25
Breast feeding mom kicked out of Hollister in Galleria Mall in Houston UPDATE! SECOND UPDATE WITH PICTURES FROM AROUND THE NATION!
by loisl25
December 27, 2012 at 6:54 PM

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/20436355/2012/12/27/breast-feeding-mom-says-hollister-manager-threw-her-out  I'm in the general area, so I'm going to go in there tomorrow if I can and breast feed just to tick them off. If they try to kick me out I'm going to say, "Ok, I just need to make a couple of calls first. Gotta call Fox News and my lawyer." hehehe.

ETA: I did it! Parking is a nightmare at the Galleria! Nobody hassled me, though. Pic on p. 5

The official nurse in was today. I wanted to go back to the Galleria again but dh was having a fit about it so we compromised and I nursed in at the Woodlands Mall which is closer to us. Here's the pics.At first I was by myself, but then this Momma showed up.

This is Brittany Warfield. She's the mother who started it all when she was kicked out of the Hollister in the Galleria Mall in Houston. :)

Lakeland square mall, (I don't think the pic was labeled with  the state). These women are being told by security that they can't sit, but they can stand.

This one is somewhere in Fl.

Willowbrook Mall, NJ

This woman, and her two friends in Concord Mall in Delaware were harrassed by security. Here is a link to the story on them... http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/07/16389791-breast-feeding-moms-say-they-were-harassed-by-security-at-delaware-mall?lite  It doesn't look like it's going to be clicky, but if not I'm not sure how to make it clicky...

There's many more stories and pics from this nationwide event here... http://www.facebook.com/jennie.cashmere#!/events/191004591024062/192818427509345/?notif_t=event_mall_reply

Replies

• Precious333
    December 27, 2012 at 6:58 PM

wow, when are people going to get thatyou can;t do that to a nursing mom!

• MaMaLaLa78
    December 27, 2012 at 7:00 PM

When people stand up for others- Sad no mom came to her rescue.  I would have been over that ASAP.  

Quoting Precious333:

• loisl25
    by loisl25
    December 27, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I KNOW! There were people staring and she was crying and NOBODY spoke up! I for sure would have said something, then I would have started nursing there too.

Quoting MaMaLaLa78:

When people stand up for others- Sad no mom came to her rescue.  I would have been over that ASAP.  

Quoting Precious333:

• Fields456
    December 27, 2012 at 8:06 PM
    That's doesn't surprise me all that much the galleria is a snooty mall
  • Allie_kat1
    December 27, 2012 at 8:08 PM
    Was it just a snooty uneducated employee, or does their corporate policy support this kind of behavior?
  • mostlymaydays
    December 27, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Considering that "Under Texas law, moms are allowed to breast-feed in public", how can they say: "The Galleria welcomes and supports a mother's right to breast-feed her child in public.  There is no policy at the Galleria that prohibits a mother from breast-feeding wherever she may choose and we strongly encourage our retailers to do the same," Galleria Mall's general manager Greg Noble says.

They strongly encourage their retailers to abide by the LAW? They couldn't legally make a policy prohibiting a mother from breast feeding there. Why do they want a big pat on the back for saying they are complying with the law?

• catholicmamamia
    December 27, 2012 at 9:14 PM

angry

• eagerforbaby
    December 27, 2012 at 9:26 PM
    This makes me so mad! I live about 2 hours away and am tempted to go nurse all up in there! *gasp* without a cover!
  • BabyPink07
    December 27, 2012 at 9:35 PM
    I live in the woodlands, I'd nurse in with you! That makes me sooooooo mad!
  • loisl25
    by loisl25
    December 27, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Good Question. I don't know.

Quoting Allie_kat1:

Was it just a snooty uneducated employee, or does their corporate policy support this kind of behavior?

Breastfeeding Moms