Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
betsy9023
Doctor asks what kind of formula I use?
December 15, 2012 at 11:41 PM
I just starred at him and said formula??? I'm breastfeeding. He gave me the weirdest look. He said fantastic!! In the most sarcastic wsy. He couldn't complain because my little guy is growing fantastic. By the way i hate that doc. We had to see him because his ped didn't have opening until January.

Replies

• Emadele
    by Emadele
    December 15, 2012 at 11:46 PM

in the future i would just tell him 'i have my own factory' :)

• Junebaby18
    December 16, 2012 at 1:54 AM
    Tell him it's a special homemade kind made from the freshest stuff around. They also come in two soft round containers that are miraculously never empty.
  • Precious333
    December 16, 2012 at 1:57 AM
    love those responses.....some doctors are stupid! :( sad they have to assume you are giving formula!
  • JaxMomma78
    December 16, 2012 at 2:08 AM
    U should have said "Boob juice" or "Tit milk" to make him uncomfortable! Ha ha
  • ljpaszek
    December 16, 2012 at 2:20 AM
    I have luckily never encountered a doc like this. The place I delivered at (the 7th) I couldn't tell you the number I people that ask or said something along the lines of "you plan to breastfeed right?", I never once heard the word formula or supplement and I was not given any of those stupid free samples when I left. They were amazing and encouraging. Sorry you had to see a crap doctor!!
  • mckinneymom918
    December 16, 2012 at 5:27 AM
    This for me too! It amazes me the peds that are so uneducated.

There once was a med student following him, and she told me at her one month appointment that I was really feeding her too often: every hour and a half, occasionally every hour, and that I should push her off to every 2 to 2 and a half. I looked at her and said, I'm sorry but I'm not going to not feed my 1 month old when she's hungry. She like glared at me, finished looking her over, our guy came in and everything we were doing was great. I told him that he should really encourage her to understand breastfeeding because she could discourage a lot of moms who think she's in the know. Our ped, I think more than anything he supported his wife thru breastfeeding their 4 grown children. But even as successful as we've been, whenever we go in and he sees her weight, he always kind of expectantly asks if we've supplemented. And he's always very proud when I say not at all!

Quoting ljpaszek:

I have luckily never encountered a doc like this. The place I delivered at (the 7th) I couldn't tell you the number I people that ask or said something along the lines of "you plan to breastfeed right?", I never once heard the word formula or supplement and I was not given any of those stupid free samples when I left. They were amazing and encouraging. Sorry you had to see a crap doctor!!
  • tbursac777
    December 16, 2012 at 7:34 AM

wooooow

• Eliots_momma
    December 16, 2012 at 9:12 AM
    Our former dr did that at EVERY appt. Notice how I said former ;)
  • christineT79
    December 16, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Every time someone asks me if I packed a bottle for the baby (when we go out) I always say "yeah, I have 2". lol. I would have said somthing like that.

• betsy9023
    December 16, 2012 at 10:56 AM
    Lol. That's awesome. I love how i don't have to make bottles.

Quoting christineT79:

Every time someone asks me if I packed a bottle for the baby (when we go out) I always say "yeah, I have 2". lol. I would have said somthing like that.

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts