Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
jrsmommy0427
How do you do it?
December 7, 2012 at 11:33 PM
Ds is still nursing at 19 months and I think I'm just about done! Well I have been for awhile but didn't mind it. I used to work a mid shift at work 12p-8p and so I didn't mind that he was nursing 3-4 times a night b/c I figured it was our quality time together. but now my shift has changed and I'm working the morning shift. Hubby feels bad for me not getting any sleep and he's tried giving a bottle of cows milk to let me get sleep but ds will just scream bloody murder. Then I feel bad for hubby for not getting any sleep. I don't offer, just nurse when he asks, which is quite often still. We live with the in laws so its hard to just quit with him screaming in the night when they have work too. Any advise?

Replies

• Brandy85412
    December 7, 2012 at 11:38 PM

aaa sorry Idk I night weaned mine a little after a year. I would start by letting them nurse for just a short time then rock or pat their back to go back to sleep. And I had them out of my room. It would be hard having to share a room. My third baby has to be in our room so I sleep on the couch.

• maggiemom2000
    December 7, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Try Dr Gordon's method of nightweaning: http://drjaygordon.com/attachment/sleeppattern.html

• poohbear1183
    December 7, 2012 at 11:50 PM

My second daughter stopped at 19 months and that was afetr trying two other times to get her to stop. Finally when she bit me so hard that it drew blood simply because I talked to her older sister when I nursed her. Have you tried basil leaves? get fresh basil leaf put them on a ritz cracker with PB and it flavors the milk it worked with my then 3 1/2 yr old who wantd to nurse every so often she tasted it and would not swallow it because she thought it was spoiled.

• jrsmommy0427
    December 8, 2012 at 12:44 AM

That's the thing, he doesn't really nurse that long. And we usually fall asleep really fast. I just thought it would be 1-2 times by now :/

Quoting Brandy85412:

aaa sorry Idk I night weaned mine a little after a year. I would start by letting them nurse for just a short time then rock or pat their back to go back to sleep. And I had them out of my room. It would be hard having to share a room. My third baby has to be in our room so I sleep on the couch.

• jrsmommy0427
    December 8, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Thanks I will look into that! :]

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Try Dr Gordon's method of nightweaning: http://drjaygordon.com/attachment/sleeppattern.html

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts