Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
oneluckymom23
Kind of an emergency....please help!
December 7, 2012 at 7:34 PM
I had a ct scan today and can not breastfeed until tomorrow morning.....

All I have is an avent manual pump and I'm not getting anything out....I haven't nursed since 8am this morning and I don't even feel engorged.....at all.....

I always wondered how much I was producing and I guess I have my answer.....why am I even nursing???? She already gets 3 bottles a day as it is.....

Should I just stop? :-(

Replies

• shortyali
    December 9, 2012 at 3:26 AM
    If you don't like getting advice from moms who ace been there and are tryin to help you answering your question then why ask here. If you don't trust a group if women on the Internet then go call your dr about your pump output. Odds are they will rely on the few hours of training they get in infant nutrition and breastfeeding to answer you which is what you are looking for over the number of women on here that have nursed for months.
    I followed my kids first Ped with nursing advice and all that got me was 100% ff after 7 weeks, mastitis, and severe ppd because he told me that if I continued to bf I would be killing my DS1, simply because I had OAL and no one bothered to help me correct it. So go call your dr and ask him instead if posting on here. Good luck.

Quoting oneluckymom23:

*sigh*

You and the many others in here have made me realize why I don't ask for help often.... I was gonna keep my mouth shut but here goes.

Did I ask for the advice I was given? NO. But like normal, the pushy know it all moms in here have to give it. I'm sorry but I'm going to trust a medical professional over a group of woman on the Internet any day. Just seems like a smart move to me. Smh.

Secondly, I might not be nursing if it weren't for the moms in this group....I have gotten some good advice but just because I haven't followed it 100% doesn't mean I'm not listening. I know my baby.....my husband and I make decisions together regarding our kids and we both felt based on weights and drs advice that she needed supplements. That's MY choice and right as a mother.

So if you don't like my posts then don't respond. I could really care less.

To those that offered info in a kind way, Thank you very much.

Quoting Nicolle_09:

*sigh* I try to stay away from your posts for a reason but I have to say (and Im trying to be nice about this) why do you come looking for help when you dont want to except the help we offer? 

What you were given is 99% likely to be safe so either listen to those telling you it is and nurse or call the infant risk line. also a lot of moms never respond to the pump and a lot of moms never feel full. Pumping out put and fullness means nothing and this is coming from a mom the eped.

I was pumping every two to three hours and if I went 6 to 7 to 8 hours with out pumping I wouldnt feel full or anything yes I could pump close to 10 ounces per side. Then there were times I would be rock hard and pump nothing. So dont determine supply on the pump every, its not something that is natural so your body may not want to respond to it. 

• oneluckymom23
    December 9, 2012 at 4:18 AM
    Obviously I think the woman here have valuable information....they dont know everything though....and most also don't have medical degrees.

Quoting shortyali:

If you don't like getting advice from moms who ace been there and are tryin to help you answering your question then why ask here. If you don't trust a group if women on the Internet then go call your dr about your pump output. Odds are they will rely on the few hours of training they get in infant nutrition and breastfeeding to answer you which is what you are looking for over the number of women on here that have nursed for months.

I followed my kids first Ped with nursing advice and all that got me was 100% ff after 7 weeks, mastitis, and severe ppd because he told me that if I continued to bf I would be killing my DS1, simply because I had OAL and no one bothered to help me correct it. So go call your dr and ask him instead if posting on here. Good luck.

Quoting oneluckymom23:

*sigh*

You and the many others in here have made me realize why I don't ask for help often.... I was gonna keep my mouth shut but here goes.

Did I ask for the advice I was given? NO. But like normal, the pushy know it all moms in here have to give it. I'm sorry but I'm going to trust a medical professional over a group of woman on the Internet any day. Just seems like a smart move to me. Smh.

Secondly, I might not be nursing if it weren't for the moms in this group....I have gotten some good advice but just because I haven't followed it 100% doesn't mean I'm not listening. I know my baby.....my husband and I make decisions together regarding our kids and we both felt based on weights and drs advice that she needed supplements. That's MY choice and right as a mother.

So if you don't like my posts then don't respond. I could really care less.

To those that offered info in a kind way, Thank you very much.

Quoting Nicolle_09:

*sigh* I try to stay away from your posts for a reason but I have to say (and Im trying to be nice about this) why do you come looking for help when you dont want to except the help we offer? 

What you were given is 99% likely to be safe so either listen to those telling you it is and nurse or call the infant risk line. also a lot of moms never respond to the pump and a lot of moms never feel full. Pumping out put and fullness means nothing and this is coming from a mom the eped.

I was pumping every two to three hours and if I went 6 to 7 to 8 hours with out pumping I wouldnt feel full or anything yes I could pump close to 10 ounces per side. Then there were times I would be rock hard and pump nothing. So dont determine supply on the pump every, its not something that is natural so your body may not want to respond to it. 

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts