Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
MamiNlovinIt
Why did you choose bf over bottle?
December 5, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I LOVE bf'ing because I always have 2 "bottles" everywhere we go.

They're always made, self-cleaning, and stay warmed to the perfect temperature.

And best of all, milk is tailored specifically to fit baby's needs, which is WAY more valuable than any formula I can find in stores.

I can tell ds prefers it too; I used to pump but every time I nurse, when he's finished, he'll be sleep and a big happy smile will come across his face before he lets go :)

breastfeeding

Replies

• jen282
    by jen282
    December 5, 2012 at 9:44 PM
    When I was preg with my son, one of my reasons to nurse was the money you save. Formula is so expensive. Not to mention the health benefits too. Luckily he was a great nurser and I nursed for a year. I was the first to nurse in my family too btw. ;). Now I'm bf my 4.5mo old and love it. She loves it too! I plan to nurse her min one year. And I already have 6.5 gallons of breastmilk frozen!!
  • dressy3
    by dressy3
    December 5, 2012 at 9:47 PM
    I choose to because the drs said it was what was best for my nicu baby. Before I delivered the nurses asked if I wanted to bottle or breat feed. I told them I would decode after the surgery. My hubby was asked the same thing when he went with them to the nursery right after she was born. He said bf. My daughter became sick within minutes of birth and didn't have anything to eat for the first 5 days. The neonatalogist told me that it was in her best interest if I pumped BM for her. She came home after a miraculous recovery after she first had my milk. I epes for 5 1/2 weeks when I realized that I was just barely pumping enough to feed her everyday with none saved away. I didn't want to give formula because the dr had been so adamant about her getting my breastmilk. Do I decided when she was 6 1/2 weeks old to offer my breast. She took to it!!! We had a tongue tie issue and some
    other latch issues but we taught each other(plus awesome advice off here)! She is now 4 months old and is ebf with the exception of a bottle here and there from dh.

I was hesitant when they asked me in before she was born because it was just something I hadn't really saw. I know that's sad. I ff my other 3. I wanted bf when I was pregnant with my first but had 0 support:( so I just dropped the idea and went with the norm. I can not tell you how happy I am to be nursing my sweet baby girl!!
  • ragitty
    by ragitty
    December 5, 2012 at 9:55 PM

My mom bf'd my siblings and I and I knew the benefits. I was a young mom (18) and determined not to be the stereotypical teen mom who ffed. Even though I had him young, I wanted to give him everything I would have been able to give my child had I had him in my mid 20s. I felt (still do) like such a failure because I didn't exclusively bf, which was my goal. Between persuing a chemical engineering degree and hiving latch issues, I ended up with supply issues that I couldn't figure out how to rebound from, so he ff'd about 30% of the time, starting at 6 weeks. I pumped, but it was never really enough. I am older now and more determined (plus I will get maternity leave for all future children) so I am hoping to be able to exclusively bf in the future.

• justone_jen
    Jen
    December 5, 2012 at 10:03 PM
    It really wasn't something I had to choose. I just knew I'd breastfeed.
  • hapababies
    December 5, 2012 at 10:07 PM
    It wasn't really a concious decision with my first child, it was just what felt right. I wasn't against formula before I gave birth to him, but after he was born bf'ing just worked for us.
    For my second child it was a very concious decision and I'm grateful that it works for us.
  • MumsTheWord571
    December 5, 2012 at 10:08 PM
    Same.

Quoting justone_jen:

It really wasn't something I had to choose. I just knew I'd breastfeed.

• MonicaV1982
    December 5, 2012 at 10:09 PM

why would I  buy something I make free?

• happymom6
    December 5, 2012 at 10:10 PM

To me it was giving my baby the best nutrition possible. I joined this group in the last few weeks of my pregnancy and it gv me the confidence to BF... IM SO GLAD I DID IT !!!!

• Oostera
    by Oostera
    December 5, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Cheaper, cleaner, healthier, easier. (in my opinion, of course)

• poietes
    by poietes
    December 5, 2012 at 10:16 PM
    Because Im cheap and lazy. No seriously, its free, no bottles to wash no smelling stinky formula, no getting up to make a bottle just grab the kid and lay him down, great excuse to get out of things, "sorry, cant help with .........., got to feed the baby" and best of all I didnt get my period for 10 months!!! Oh yeah and its best for baby :)

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts