Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
ktinaza
will I dry up..
by ktinaza
November 19, 2012 at 12:15 PM
My baby is 11 months old and I pump 3 times a day. I'm at the hospital with my mom she's going into surgery and I don't want to leave her. I pumped at 8 but normally I pump at 11 but she will be in surgery. If I don't pump until later this afternoon will I have way less milk???? He still takes bottles to daycare everyday.

Replies

• mostlymaydays
    November 19, 2012 at 12:23 PM

As far as your body knows, the baby is taking an extra nap. Pump when you can later, maybe throw in another session later. Your body isn't a computerized machine; it can adjust up and down as you and baby demand. One whacky day shouldn't sink your routine.

• Precious333
    November 19, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I would not worry either. You child is 11 month old. When you reunite your body will catch up to the demanded supply.  Be there for your mom and don't worry.

• FrumpyMama
    November 19, 2012 at 1:01 PM

If you're asking if you will have less milk at that pumping session: no you won't. Will it affect your supply: yes but only temporarally. If you drink lots of water and don't miss anymore pumping/nursing sessions, it will just be a short blip. Good luck with your mom.

• gdiamante
    November 19, 2012 at 1:09 PM

You will likley be uncomfortable. But unless the hospital staff knocks you out and hauls you into surgery to give you a double mastectomy, you WILL NOT dry up. It takes many months to dry up unless your breasts are removed or you start taking estrogen.

• aehanrahan
    November 19, 2012 at 2:25 PM
    This. One day won't destroy your supply, especially this far into it.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

As far as your body knows, the baby is taking an extra nap. Pump when you can later, maybe throw in another session later. Your body isn't a computerized machine; it can adjust up and down as you and baby demand. One whacky day shouldn't sink your routine.

• MayFlowerMomma
    November 19, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. Your body can adjust. Hope your mom is ok

• ktinaza
    by ktinaza
    November 19, 2012 at 4:12 PM
    Thank you!

Quoting MayFlowerMomma:

I wouldn't worry about it. Your body can adjust. Hope your mom is ok

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts