Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
RaevynEvermore
Thrush...
November 19, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Ive figured out why Ive been in so much pain, its thrush...

The pain is way too intense to want to continue bf...idk what to do...

going to try to get into the dr tomorrow

any advice? :(

Replies

• Duquesne
    November 19, 2012 at 12:57 AM
    Gentian violet. Stat!
  • BabyPink07
    November 19, 2012 at 1:27 AM
    Heard that causes cancer. Breath, and push through. What makes you think it's thrush?
  • BabyPink07
    November 19, 2012 at 1:27 AM
    The gen violet....
  • RaevynEvermore
    November 19, 2012 at 1:32 AM
    Extreme pain in my nipples and breast, my nips are red. And she has the white mouth and has been in pain when she nurses. I've been pumping all day today in hopes to make the pain in my nips go away, but its just as bad.

Quoting BabyPink07:

Heard that causes cancer. Breath, and push through. What makes you think it's thrush?

• adrianna1043
    November 19, 2012 at 3:39 AM
    I've dealt with this before lots of times. Until you get to the Dr. you can wash babies mouth gently with a damp washcloth a few times a day, and put lanolin on your nipples. That helps me with thrush. I kept going through the pain, its so worth it:)
  • BrittM1988
    November 19, 2012 at 3:59 AM

I dealt with thrush with my first, it is actually the reason I quit... but if you get the treatment and continue with it, and deligiant with it, it should go away.. don't give up like I did

• gdiamante
    November 19, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Do the gentian violet.

To cause cancer, you have to use excessively large amounts. Far more than is used in the thrush protocol.

• RaevynEvermore
    November 19, 2012 at 11:41 AM
    Just left the drs and he prescribed something for her and told me to use a cream. Said hers should clear up in a week and my pain should go away in a day or two
  • mostlymaydays
    November 19, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I was wondering about thrush the other day when you posted about your nipple pain. :-(

I am also a cheerleader for gentian violet. I had nipples on fire, and baby had a mouth completely coated with white yeast and we were both symptom free in 4 days, using GV protocol as explained on kellymom.com

• mostlymaydays
    November 19, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Nystantin?

Quoting RaevynEvermore:

Just left the drs and he prescribed something for her and told me to use a cream. Said hers should clear up in a week and my pain should go away in a day or two

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN