Breastfeeding Moms

TraisonsMommy
Stimulation!
November 18, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I have an issue.  I have big breasts with flat nipples and a nipple shield/shell doesn't work.  My son refused to latch at birth and still refuses to latch.  I pump every four hours for an hour with a double breast pump.  I am not producing as much as I need too and because of it my child has formula though the day and breast milk at 3am and 9pm....What can I do to help stimulate my milk production?  My husband helps massage and everything like that but it doesn't really help!!!

Replies

• BrittM1988
    November 18, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Fenugreek, Mother's milk tea, lactation cookies

• piwife
    by piwife
    November 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM
    Oatmeal every morning. Nurse nurse nurse. Ditch the formula and the cereal. Also why doesn't the nipple shell work? The shield and shell are different
  • TraisonsMommy
    November 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM

I heard about the fenugreek...where are they sold?

• BrittM1988
    November 18, 2012 at 5:17 PM

GNC or Walmart or Target, in the multivitamin section

Quoting TraisonsMommy:

I heard about the fenugreek...where are they sold?

• TraisonsMommy
    November 18, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Anything else i can eat besides oatmeal?  I don't eat that stuff!

• aehanrahan
    November 18, 2012 at 5:19 PM
    You need to change your pumping schedule. Pump every 2 hours around the clock. Only pump for about 20 minutes. You can damage your breasts pumping that long.
    Did you wear breast shells in your bra? Have you tried the latch assist?
  • Baby_Avas_Momma
    You need to pump more often and definitely not for an hour long! Every 2 hours during the day and every 3 hours at night.
    Which are you using? Shield or shell? How old is baby?
  • piwife
    by piwife
    If you have a babies'r us near you there is a tea called mothers milk. Also I know a mom on etsy who sells an awesome product for milk production. If you want the info
  • TraisonsMommy

Ok, Thank you so much for that....now can i get the milk tea and cookie from the same place?

• piwife
    by piwife
    November 18, 2012 at 5:20 PM
    The lactation cookie is a recipe. You make at home. It has oatmeal, brewers yeast and flaxseed among other ingridients

Quoting TraisonsMommy:

Ok, Thank you so much for that....now can i get the milk tea and cookie from the same place?

Breastfeeding Moms