Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
heatherd09
Bottles?
November 18, 2012 at 9:08 AM
I'm going to be breastfeeding but I'm also going to pump so daddy, gramma, etc. can feed baby as well. I'm just curious which bottles work best?

Replies

• melindabelcher
    mel
    November 18, 2012 at 9:14 AM
    Whichever baby will take :)
    Ideally it would be a wide slow flow nipple.
    Bottles should only be given in moms absence. No more then 1oz per hr of seperation in bottles no larger then 3oz. And after baby is 4-6 weeks.
    Check out kellymom.com for how to bottle feed a breastfed baby. I believe it's stop and burp every 1oz.
  • Dimples04
    November 18, 2012 at 9:15 AM
    I agree with previous answer, whatever baby likes. I used vent air advanced (wide) bottles with dd.
  • eagerforbaby
    November 18, 2012 at 9:27 AM
    We use Tommee tippee but some ladies here don't like them and say they flow too fast. Which ever your little one will take is good. Just make sure you always use the slowest flow nipple.
  • Glowing4Caleb
    November 18, 2012 at 9:59 AM
    I also use tommee tippee and haven't had a problem With the slow flow nipples.
  • tabi_cat1023
    November 18, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Others ONLY need to feed baby if you are not around, everyone else needs to find their OWN way to bond with baby, not interrupt BFing.

That being said I used Tommee Tippee bottles when I worked

• gdiamante
    November 18, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Bottles are much of a muchness. All carry equal risk of nipple preference, beacuse that's something attached to the baby rather than a bottle. A baby prone to preference will get it with all bottles. A baby not prone will not get it no matter what you use.

Buy ONE of the bottle you want to try. Hand it to dad the first time you need to go out. Leave. Let dad have at it. YOU cannot be a part of the process. Bottles are generally refused if mom is present.

• aehanrahan
    November 18, 2012 at 1:50 PM
    This.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Others ONLY need to feed baby if you are not around, everyone else needs to find their OWN way to bond with baby, not interrupt BFing.

That being said I used Tommee Tippee bottles when I worked

• iluvteeth77
    November 18, 2012 at 3:16 PM
    I used platex drop ins with my 3yo ds and they've worked well for my 7 week old. My mom uses them just fine when I'm at work;) she is our sitter luckily!! They are great bottles!!
  • carinsmommy
    November 18, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I don't remember the name, but the ones that worked best had the plastic bag inside the bottle. I used the slow flow ones that are really wide and mimic the breast.

• celticgodess
    November 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Yes what baby will take.  We used Advent with both my DDs

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts