Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
whoopsie16
from boobie to bottle
November 17, 2012 at 11:12 PM
trying to wean ds from the boobie, but continue giving him bm from the bottle. not sure how to switch over, can anybody help me?

Replies

• larissalarie
    November 17, 2012 at 11:39 PM
    Just try giving him a bottle, if he takes it then just eep it up, but expect he might still want to nurse also for awhile :-) If he doesn't like it,, keep offering in addition to nursing until he accepts the bottle.

Exclusive pumping is a very tough road, be prepared. You need to pump every 2 hours in the day and every 3 overnight to maintain supply for any length of time. Good luck mamma!
  • maggiemom2000
    November 17, 2012 at 11:48 PM

How old is baby? If baby is close to a year you can skip the bottle and go striaght to a cup.

• catholicmamamia
    November 18, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Quoting larissalarie: Just try giving him a bottle, if he takes it then just eep it up, but expect he might still want to nurse also for awhile :-) If he doesn't like it,, keep offering in addition to nursing until he accepts the bottle. Exclusive pumping is a very tough road, be prepared. You need to pump every 2 hours in the day and every 3 overnight to maintain supply for any length of time. Good luck mama!

• tabi_cat1023
    November 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM

How old is your Lo?

• junebaby11
    November 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

How old is your Lo?

• whoopsie16
    November 18, 2012 at 10:07 PM
    5mo.

Quoting junebaby11:

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

How old is your Lo?

• whoopsie16
    November 18, 2012 at 10:08 PM
    wow really??
    so if i pump at the times he usually eats now,or an hour before, it wont work?

Quoting larissalarie:

Just try giving him a bottle, if he takes it then just eep it up, but expect he might still want to nurse also for awhile :-) If he doesn't like it,, keep offering in addition to nursing until he accepts the bottle.

Exclusive pumping is a very tough road, be prepared. You need to pump every 2 hours in the day and every 3 overnight to maintain supply for any length of time. Good luck mamma!

• larissalarie
    November 18, 2012 at 10:17 PM
    The pump is only about 10-20% as effective as an actually nursing baby, so the tendency is to get alot when you first start exclusively pumping and results quickly diminish as your body perceives less demand, so you gradually get less and less and need to pump a lot to get enough. (plus most babies eat every few hours anyway)

It might work for you though! Some can, most can't. Good luck!

Quoting whoopsie16:

wow really??

Quoting larissalarie:

• piwife
    by piwife
    November 18, 2012 at 10:20 PM
    Eping sucks.. I did it for a year with my son. You are a slave to the pump is a pita
  • piwife
    by piwife
    November 18, 2012 at 10:23 PM
    Nope, especially cuz as baby gets bigger pumping output drops. You need to pump every 2 hrs. Every 3 at night if you skip a session your supply takes a dip. That means having your pump with you at all times. All times. I went to disney yep pump went with me, road trips pump went with me. If I was going anywhere longer then 2 hrs pump went with me.

Quoting larissalarie:

The pump is only about 10-20% as effective as an actually nursing baby, so the tendency is to get alot when you first start exclusively pumping and results quickly diminish as your body perceives less demand, so you gradually get less and less and need to pump a lot to get enough. (plus most babies eat every few hours anyway)

It might work for you though! Some can, most can't. Good luck!

Quoting whoopsie16:

wow really??

Quoting larissalarie:

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN