Breastfeeding Moms

LucyHourglass
help! infection under arm, is it still safe to breastfeed?
October 12, 2012 at 2:25 PM

ive been getting these cysts under my arm ever since i was pregnant when i shave, i switched razors  but it didnt help, its like an ingrown hair that then gets infected and turns into a painful cyst. usually when i take probiotics it goes away after a few days, a couple times when i was pregnant i got anti-biotics because i was worried. i just started taking probiotics yesterday again, is it ok to wait and see if the probiotics work or should i get antibiotics?

this isnt mastitis its not a milk duct, is it safe to breastfeed or will the baby get the infection??

Replies

• misasue
    by misasue
    October 12, 2012 at 6:17 PM

not the same, you can try betadine if not allergic to iodine..

Quoting LucyHourglass:

could i use peroxide?

whaat Quoting misasue:

you could also try washing underarms with hibiclense its a surgical grade antbacterial wash

• misasue
    by misasue
    October 12, 2012 at 6:19 PM

the hibiclens will help if that is what it is or any kind of staph.. staph naturally lives on your skin but can cause infection which looks like a large zit. mrsa is a type of staph.

Quoting devoesgirl:

Its an infection resistant to certain antibiotics.

Quoting LucyHourglass:

what is mrsa??

Quoting Nolanzo:

I had the exact same thing last summer... started out as a large painful whitehead but got deeper and more cystlike.... finally went to the er because the pain was debilitating and I was pregnant... I tested positive for mrsa. They lanced and drained it and put a packing wick in it.... the most effing painful experience of my life. Have u been tested for mrsa?

• soulofsunmama
    October 12, 2012 at 6:46 PM
    Stop shaving, and stop deodorant
  • LucyHourglass
    October 12, 2012 at 7:41 PM

i dont think its staph, i was actually just looking up the Hidradenitis Suppurativa thing and i am 100% sure thats what i have right now... because its been going on my whole life in the exact spots it was saying it usually occurs..but i'm reading there isnt a real cure for it, i'm sending my bf to get the hibiclens, that would be at like cvs right? i'm also drinking apple cider vinegar and baking soda, this natural remedies site reccomended it... also tumeric. can i take tumeric while breastfeeding?

Quoting misasue:

the hibiclens will help if that is what it is or any kind of staph.. staph naturally lives on your skin but can cause infection which looks like a large zit. mrsa is a type of staph.

Quoting devoesgirl:

Quoting LucyHourglass:

what is mrsa??

Quoting Nolanzo:

I had the exact same thing last summer... started out as a large painful whitehead but got deeper and more cystlike.... finally went to the er because the pain was debilitating and I was pregnant... I tested positive for mrsa. They lanced and drained it and put a packing wick in it.... the most effing painful experience of my life. Have u been tested for mrsa?

• K8wizzo
    by K8wizzo
    October 12, 2012 at 10:10 PM

It's fine as long as you're not pregnant.  http://www.mobimotherhood.org/MM/article-diet.aspx

Quoting LucyHourglass:

i dont think its staph, i was actually just looking up the Hidradenitis Suppurativa thing and i am 100% sure thats what i have right now... because its been going on my whole life in the exact spots it was saying it usually occurs..but i'm reading there isnt a real cure for it, i'm sending my bf to get the hibiclens, that would be at like cvs right? i'm also drinking apple cider vinegar and baking soda, this natural remedies site reccomended it... also tumeric. can i take tumeric while breastfeeding?

Quoting misasue:

Quoting devoesgirl:

Quoting LucyHourglass:

what is mrsa??

Quoting Nolanzo:

• misasue
    by misasue
    October 12, 2012 at 10:37 PM

it should be a cvs

• catholicmamamia
    October 13, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Have you considered consulting a Naturopathic Physician.. he/she can help you with remedies that will be safe to use while breastfeeding. Hope you get this figured out and feel better soon! 

• lifetimelove
    October 13, 2012 at 3:26 AM

I have HS.  It's liveable.  I need to check out some of the natural remedies.  I was diagnosed over a decade ago. =/

Quoting LucyHourglass:

Quoting misasue:

Quoting devoesgirl:

Quoting LucyHourglass:

what is mrsa??

Quoting Nolanzo:

• LucyHourglass
    October 13, 2012 at 4:08 AM

i didnt even know it existed! I had no idea why i kept getting all these random cysts. its been driving me crazy. you know what tho i think a lot of it might be my diet making it act up.. when i lived in northern california i didnt get any and my diet was a lot healthier there... i should really be eating better :-/

what do you do for it currently? 

Quoting lifetimelove:

I have HS.  It's liveable.  I need to check out some of the natural remedies.  I was diagnosed over a decade ago. =/

Quoting LucyHourglass:

Quoting misasue:

Quoting devoesgirl:

Quoting LucyHourglass:

what is mrsa??

Quoting Nolanzo:

Breastfeeding Moms