Breastfeeding Moms

skylarkdancer
taking forever to let down...supply issue?
October 5, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Hey all, ive noticed that every other time or every two times I nurse my let downs aren't coming after 15 mins or are taking a really long time and when they do they seem weaker than normal? My dd has gone back to nursing every 2 hrs (she's 10 months.) I started drinking mothers milk tea thinking it would help. This is the second day drinking one cup a day. Any advice? I've never had this problem before...is it possible she's not doing her nursing suck to eat and is just comfort nursing?

Replies

• jjchick75
    October 5, 2012 at 9:10 PM

As long as she is having plenty of diapers your supply is fine. How your breast feel means nothing!

• aehanrahan
    October 5, 2012 at 10:27 PM
    I didn't even feel my letdown by that time. I never actually felt it while nursing. What you feel means nothing. Just keep nursing on demand. Are you nursing immediately before all solids?
  • KylersMom8-16-7
    October 5, 2012 at 10:41 PM
    Normal. I don't feel letdown anymore.
  • gdiamante
    October 6, 2012 at 1:24 AM

All normal. You don't need the tea. Even if you did... one cup a day wouldn't do a thing... you need at least three. BUT... this is normal and I'd have expected it. All good. Soon enough you'll feel nothing.

• skylarkdancer
    October 6, 2012 at 8:31 AM
    Yes we are nursing before solids

Quoting aehanrahan:

I didn't even feel my letdown by that time. I never actually felt it while nursing. What you feel means nothing. Just keep nursing on demand. Are you nursing immediately before all solids?
  • lazycervix
    October 6, 2012 at 9:24 AM

yep normal I don't feel let down at all anymore my daughter is 11 months don't worry about it just count dipes at this age 4 is enough or so I have been told

• Cleo07
    by Cleo07
    October 6, 2012 at 2:24 PM
    You have 3-4 letdowns per nursing session. You have only been feeling the first one anyway. It's normal for that to go away. Just make sure you are hydrated. It makes a big difference in supply.
  • krs_tristan
    October 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM
    You don't always feel letdowns! With my first one, I never felt them! With my current one, I've stopped feeling them unless I'm engorged.

Breastfeeding Moms