Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
Kellileanne
Sleeping Through The Night?
October 5, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I'm guessing it's just a phase, dd has slept 7hrs night before last and 6 1/2 last night!  It sure has felt good to get more than 3hr stretches!  I also think she is teething, I can even feel a bump in her gums (and she has started drooling and trying to chew on me when she is done nursing).

Replies

• nellyb118
    October 5, 2012 at 11:44 PM
    Lucky!!! My 11 month old has yet to sleep more than 4-5 hours at night!
    This mommy is ready for a good nights sleep!!!
  • SaraSnider
    October 5, 2012 at 11:46 PM
    Last night my 7day old ds didnt wake up for 6 hours, so i woke him up to nurse and he only nursed for 5mins and went back to sleep for 4hours. Idk if its normal but with 2 under 2 im taking it even if it only happens rarely lol
  • gdiamante
    October 6, 2012 at 1:29 AM

"Sleeps like a baby" is the worl'd biggest lie, and has nothing to do with feeding. **grin** Waking is expected no matter what the feeding method; it's actually a survival technique, to avoid SIDS. And babies are really really good at the survival game.

Quoting DN0818:

Is it not normal for a breastfed baby to sleep through the night?

• Kellileanne
    October 6, 2012 at 1:17 PM

She slept from 10-5 and then from 5:45-8:45!  Holy moly, she was starving when she got up though!

• Kellileanne
    October 7, 2012 at 5:02 PM

She was up every 2hrs atleast last night! I was hoping she would continue to sleep good but didn't.  I knew it was temporary!

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN