Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
mhruckel
Hello! New to group & question
October 4, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Hello! My name is Hannah and I'm mommy to 2 little boys, a 2 year old that I breastfed for 15 months and a newborn who I'm nursing now. My question doesn't have anything to do with breastfeeding. I gave birth 8 days ago and I'm still bleeding pretty heavy. Do you remember when your bleeding slowed down or how long you bled? I don't remember bleeding this much with my first son. Every time I go to the bathroom I look down and the toilet water is red. (Tmi I know)

Replies

• Emadele
    by Emadele
    October 4, 2012 at 8:30 PM
    I think I bled for about 4 or 5 weeks. After about 2 weeks it wasn't so heavy any more. And then petered off.

• Precious333
    October 4, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I think I bled for 4-6 weeks.  I can't remember though. Also, the more activity you are doing the more you will bleed. You may need to slow down a bit.

• MommyO2-6631
    October 4, 2012 at 8:42 PM
    I bled for 6 weeks this time. It got lighter after a couple weeks and was just spotting at 4 weeks. Take it easy prop your feet up and call your doc if it's soaking a pad an hour
  • Gruntlings
    October 4, 2012 at 8:45 PM

You bleed more the second time around.

What you're looking for is more than one pad per hour or heavy clots.

I bled heavily for the first 2 weeks and then slowed down and continued to bleed for a full four weeks.

• sreichelt26
    October 4, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I bled for 5 weeks. It didn't start tapering off until 2-2.5 weeks. And I had a c-section (don't know if that makes a difference). 

Bleeding usually intensifies if you're too active. So if it starts picking up, it's a sign you need to rest more.

• sep18mom
    October 4, 2012 at 9:55 PM
    I'm 3 weeks pp and still bleeding
  • mhruckel
    October 4, 2012 at 10:01 PM
    Thanks everyone this makes me feel better. I've been trying to take it easy as much as possible
  • Tia84201
    October 5, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I bled for 5 weeks with my second.  

• aehanrahan
    October 5, 2012 at 10:54 PM
    I bleed off and on for at least the first two months. I cant remember exactly, but I was spotting when I had my check up at 8 weeks.

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN