Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
jen282
Could one day of being sick dropped my supply?
by jen282
October 4, 2012 at 6:07 AM
I had a bout of the 24hr stomach bug and couldn't really eat or drink much that day. I still nursed all day, but I feel like my pump out put wasn't the same when I returned to work. Could that one day of being slightly dehydrated affect my supply?? And if so, what can I do to turn it around quick??

Replies

• lizhalee
    October 8, 2012 at 5:48 PM
    I was pumping 50 ounces a day for six months. I didn't regulate, I just naturally produced a lot of milk. My sister was the same.

Quoting shortyali:

I agree with what Tabi said. When you said dropped by 30ozs my eyes bugged out.

Quoting lizhalee:

I was sick for a week and my supply hasn't been the same since. It dropped by 30 oz a day. I haven't been able to get it up since.

• shortyali
    October 8, 2012 at 6:02 PM
    No wonder you never regulated, you were pumping to maintain an oversupply.

Quoting lizhalee:

I was pumping 50 ounces a day for six months. I didn't regulate, I just naturally produced a lot of milk. My sister was the same.

Quoting shortyali:

Quoting lizhalee:

I was sick for a week and my supply hasn't been the same since. It dropped by 30 oz a day. I haven't been able to get it up since.

• lizhalee
    October 8, 2012 at 11:37 PM
    Why are you so offended by how much milk I produced? Does it really even matter? You're so dead set on trying to prove me wrong. Just accept that some women naturally produce a lot of milk and some women don't. It's not a bad thing, it's a part of life.

Quoting shortyali:

Quoting lizhalee:

Quoting shortyali:

Quoting lizhalee:

• shortyali
    October 9, 2012 at 6:08 AM
    I am not offended by any means and wow defensive much, lol. Just putting the info out there so if a ftm who is trying to bf reads this doesn't think this happens all the time. I was the same way with my DD and I did it on purpose because of a TT issue no one beloved me about until she was 9 months.

Quoting lizhalee:

Why are you so offended by how much milk I produced? Does it really even matter? You're so dead set on trying to prove me wrong. Just accept that some women naturally produce a lot of milk and some women don't. It's not a bad thing, it's a part of life.

Quoting shortyali:

Quoting lizhalee:

Quoting shortyali:

Quoting lizhalee:

• NicLof2
    by NicLof2
    October 9, 2012 at 6:12 AM
    Eating mints can decrease your supply?

Quoting kblpooh:

This. Also avoid eating mints, that can decrease supply.

Quoting mama02040608:

It can take a hit. Nurse frequently, pump a little more often and increase your fluids.

• lizhalee
    October 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM
    Well I sure do wish I could get it back up. My body just isn't having it. It'd probably be easier if she were nursing but oh well.

Quoting shortyali:

I am not offended by any means and wow defensive much, lol. Just putting the info out there so if a ftm who is trying to bf reads this doesn't think this happens all the time. I was the same way with my DD and I did it on purpose because of a TT issue no one beloved me about until she was 9 months.

Quoting lizhalee:

Quoting shortyali:

Quoting lizhalee:

Quoting shortyali:

Quoting lizhalee:

• lizhalee
    October 9, 2012 at 6:21 PM
    Well I sure do wish I could get it back up. My body just isn't having it. It'd probably be easier if she were nursing but oh well.

Quoting shortyali:

Quoting lizhalee:

Quoting shortyali:

Quoting lizhalee:

Quoting shortyali:

Quoting lizhalee:

• kblpooh
    by kblpooh
    October 10, 2012 at 12:30 AM
    Yes. I don't know the specifics or any links to send you to look at. I have seen people on here talk about it as well as my lactation consultant told me that and sage can decrease supply.

Quoting NicLof2:

Quoting kblpooh:

Quoting mama02040608:

It can take a hit. Nurse frequently, pump a little more often and increase your fluids.

• NicLof2
    by NicLof2
    October 10, 2012 at 12:36 AM
    What kind Of mints?

Quoting kblpooh:

Yes. I don't know the specifics or any links to send you to look at. I have seen people on here talk about it as well as my lactation consultant told me that and sage can decrease supply.

Quoting NicLof2:

Quoting kblpooh:

Quoting mama02040608:

• kblpooh
    by kblpooh
    October 10, 2012 at 6:44 AM
    I am not sure. I have avoided all kind of mint to avoid any problem. Sorry I am not more helpful.

Quoting NicLof2:

What kind Of mints?

Quoting kblpooh:

Quoting NicLof2:

Quoting kblpooh:

Quoting mama02040608:

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN