Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
jen282
Could one day of being sick dropped my supply?
by jen282
October 4, 2012 at 6:07 AM
I had a bout of the 24hr stomach bug and couldn't really eat or drink much that day. I still nursed all day, but I feel like my pump out put wasn't the same when I returned to work. Could that one day of being slightly dehydrated affect my supply?? And if so, what can I do to turn it around quick??

Replies

• lizhalee
    October 8, 2012 at 5:48 PM
    I was pumping 50 ounces a day for six months. I didn't regulate, I just naturally produced a lot of milk. My sister was the same.

Quoting shortyali:

I agree with what Tabi said. When you said dropped by 30ozs my eyes bugged out.

Quoting lizhalee:

I was sick for a week and my supply hasn't been the same since. It dropped by 30 oz a day. I haven't been able to get it up since.

• shortyali
    October 8, 2012 at 6:02 PM
    No wonder you never regulated, you were pumping to maintain an oversupply.

Quoting lizhalee:

I was pumping 50 ounces a day for six months. I didn't regulate, I just naturally produced a lot of milk. My sister was the same.

Quoting shortyali:

Quoting lizhalee:

I was sick for a week and my supply hasn't been the same since. It dropped by 30 oz a day. I haven't been able to get it up since.

• lizhalee
    October 8, 2012 at 11:37 PM
    Why are you so offended by how much milk I produced? Does it really even matter? You're so dead set on trying to prove me wrong. Just accept that some women naturally produce a lot of milk and some women don't. It's not a bad thing, it's a part of life.

Quoting shortyali:

Quoting lizhalee:

Quoting shortyali:

Quoting lizhalee:

• shortyali
    October 9, 2012 at 6:08 AM
    I am not offended by any means and wow defensive much, lol. Just putting the info out there so if a ftm who is trying to bf reads this doesn't think this happens all the time. I was the same way with my DD and I did it on purpose because of a TT issue no one beloved me about until she was 9 months.

Quoting lizhalee:

Why are you so offended by how much milk I produced? Does it really even matter? You're so dead set on trying to prove me wrong. Just accept that some women naturally produce a lot of milk and some women don't. It's not a bad thing, it's a part of life.

Quoting shortyali:

Quoting lizhalee:

Quoting shortyali:

Quoting lizhalee:

• NicLof2
    by NicLof2
    October 9, 2012 at 6:12 AM
    Eating mints can decrease your supply?

Quoting kblpooh:

This. Also avoid eating mints, that can decrease supply.

Quoting mama02040608:

It can take a hit. Nurse frequently, pump a little more often and increase your fluids.

• lizhalee
    October 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM
    Well I sure do wish I could get it back up. My body just isn't having it. It'd probably be easier if she were nursing but oh well.

Quoting shortyali:

I am not offended by any means and wow defensive much, lol. Just putting the info out there so if a ftm who is trying to bf reads this doesn't think this happens all the time. I was the same way with my DD and I did it on purpose because of a TT issue no one beloved me about until she was 9 months.

Quoting lizhalee:

Quoting shortyali:

Quoting lizhalee:

Quoting shortyali:

Quoting lizhalee:

• lizhalee
    October 9, 2012 at 6:21 PM
    Well I sure do wish I could get it back up. My body just isn't having it. It'd probably be easier if she were nursing but oh well.

Quoting shortyali:

Quoting lizhalee:

Quoting shortyali:

Quoting lizhalee:

Quoting shortyali:

Quoting lizhalee:

• kblpooh
    by kblpooh
    October 10, 2012 at 12:30 AM
    Yes. I don't know the specifics or any links to send you to look at. I have seen people on here talk about it as well as my lactation consultant told me that and sage can decrease supply.

Quoting NicLof2:

Quoting kblpooh:

Quoting mama02040608:

It can take a hit. Nurse frequently, pump a little more often and increase your fluids.

• NicLof2
    by NicLof2
    October 10, 2012 at 12:36 AM
    What kind Of mints?

Quoting kblpooh:

Yes. I don't know the specifics or any links to send you to look at. I have seen people on here talk about it as well as my lactation consultant told me that and sage can decrease supply.

Quoting NicLof2:

Quoting kblpooh:

Quoting mama02040608:

• kblpooh
    by kblpooh
    October 10, 2012 at 6:44 AM
    I am not sure. I have avoided all kind of mint to avoid any problem. Sorry I am not more helpful.

Quoting NicLof2:

What kind Of mints?

Quoting kblpooh:

Quoting NicLof2:

Quoting kblpooh:

Quoting mama02040608:

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts