Breastfeeding Moms

sydnex23
raw nipples and hurts to nurse!!
October 3, 2012 at 11:57 PM
When I was in the hospital they told me I was doing a great job. Now my nipples are cracked and pink, almost raw at the tip. It hurts when I nurse at times, especially on my left. I don't pump because I don't want her to get nipple confusion. I hand express sometimes and it makes me feel a little better . She is only a week old. Have any of you had this problem? What do you suggest i do about my nipple? It is red puffy and raw!! Please help!!

Replies

• gdiamante
    October 5, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Glad things are getting better. Fair warning? Not to rain on your parade, but bottles can be problematic if there was a latch/nipple problem. Bottles don't say "ouch," after all, and baby can learn bad habits. SO be on the lookout for it and if you start seeing problems again, bye to the bottle.

Quoting sydnex23:

Hey ladies! Thank u so much for all of the advice it has really helped. My nipple is still a little sore but its been healing well and its much easier to nurse. I got pump and its definitely made things easier. I will be feeding her the bottle at night and when I'm out. We'll see how this goes ...

Breastfeeding Moms