Breastfeeding Moms

Featured Posts
kgau73
Worst period of my life?!!!
by kgau73
December 27, 2011 at 10:42 AM
So my second son is almost seventeen months. I got my period back xmas day and it has been the heaviest of my life. I am going through a tampon an hour or so and it doesn't seem to be slowing down. Is this what I can expect from now on? It went back to normal with my first baby at around seven months. But I fed him solids at four months and night weaned by nine and nursed a lot less in general. This baby is still nursing six to eight times in twenty four hours. Does that have anything to do with it?

Replies

• Jes23011
    December 27, 2011 at 10:45 AM

hmm....im not really sure. sorry i couldnt help.... but good luck!

• KayDziedzic
    December 27, 2011 at 10:49 AM

My dr says a superplus absorbancy tampon an hour for more than 2-3 hours is a problem. Can you call your GYN office for your dr's advice?

• kgau73
    by kgau73
    December 27, 2011 at 11:44 AM
    I don't have any super plus. Just using the regular that I had from before. I will be getting some.

Quoting KayDziedzic:

My dr says a superplus absorbancy tampon an hour for more than 2-3 hours is a problem. Can you call your GYN office for your dr's advice?

• potgieter
    December 27, 2011 at 11:46 AM

id check with my OB, even if everything is okay, they can help regulate it. it must be hard to keep going on with life when you are practically stuck in a bathroom!

• MrsAdorkable
    December 27, 2011 at 12:24 PM

Yeah, speak with dr.

They might suggest starting BC to regulate periods, so I would start researching/thinking about if you want that =] 

• kgau73
    by kgau73
    December 27, 2011 at 1:15 PM
    Thanks. So is this pretty normal? After two kids does your period get heavier?
  • moroccanmommy
    December 27, 2011 at 1:18 PM
    Age???
  • kgau73
    by kgau73
    December 27, 2011 at 1:22 PM
    I am 34. Kids are 4 and almost seventeen months.

Quoting moroccanmommy:

Age???

• marissaj125
    December 27, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Yep! That is how mine came about. It was awful. I had it for over a week and i bleed through everything. =(

• Pink.Daisies.23
    December 27, 2011 at 1:47 PM
    Mine got lighter after my kids, but the first period after each baby was terrible, much like you are describing. Maybe that's all it is and it will ease up next month? If you're still worried, calling your dr won't hurt!

Breastfeeding Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN