African American Mommies

charnel07
Finally leaving this racist a** branch!!!!
July 20, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Finally! I've been trying to leave retail banking since I came to this racist ass branch. It felt so nice when I received the phone call from human resources saying that wealth management wanted me for the position. 

For those of you who remember I had customers asking me to lift my hair so they can see my tracks, my manager asked me if black people get lice, she also said she knew it was a matter of time before a black guy came into her family but wanted to know when black guys left their mothers basement(her daughter is engaged to a black man) and no one washed their hands,...etc.. 

Well I will be working with the same company only now it's with wealth management. It is more money and piece of mind if you ask me. I been with this bank for 6 years. This is my 4th position here... Moving on up!!!!!!!!

Now my manager is looking like this blank stare

And I'm like this woohoo

Replies

• Pink.Sunshine.
    July 20, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Wow that is crazy!!!!! Glad you got out.

• charnel07
    July 20, 2013 at 3:01 PM

What's funny is I heard my manager when the phone call came in, and my manager said hold on because I was with a customer. She didn't know I heard her. I waited on 5 people and then finally asked was someone on hold. She said oh I don't know and then picked the phone back up like it was her first time answering it! She says oh Charlotte (me) that's for you. I wanted to walk to the desk she was sitting at and punch her in her face. 

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

• newwifenmom
    July 20, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Good for you mama!

• charnel07
    July 20, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Thank you!!!!!!

Quoting newwifenmom:

Good for you mama!

• michaelsmom25
    July 20, 2013 at 5:01 PM
    Yayyyy! Congratulations.
  • diaperstodating
    July 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM
    Yay!
  • IamMex11
    July 20, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Go you! Truly, I don't know how you did it! 

• IamMex11
    July 20, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Wow...sabotage much?

Quoting charnel07:

What's funny is I heard my manager when the phone call came in, and my manager said hold on because I was with a customer. She didn't know I heard her. I waited on 5 people and then finally asked was someone on hold. She said oh I don't know and then picked the phone back up like it was her first time answering it! She says oh Charlotte (me) that's for you. I wanted to walk to the desk she was sitting at and punch her in her face. 

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

• ayacocca
    July 20, 2013 at 5:34 PM
    Work hard.. celebrate even harder!"
  • leaniece
    July 20, 2013 at 6:28 PM
    Congrats! I'm sure this was long overdue lol.

African American Mommies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN