African American Mommies

mommy_2_be_2010
do ya'll think
June 15, 2013 at 2:11 PM
I'm weird for playing outside with my daughter? My bully lives across the street in another apartment from me. One day a few mos back i took my daughter to the park to play her kids were there without her or her so.

They decided along with my three year old to play catch instead of me sitting there watching i decided to play with them to that way i could keep an eye on them incase something happend i could go over and speak to their mom or dad.

Their dad came over yelling telling them not to play with my lil girl. Last weekend i saw their son again at the pool and he looked at one of his friends after looking at me and said she's weird.

This girl knows me but apparently doesn't know iam a "proactive/protective parent" meaning i keep an eye on my child and play with her.

If we are outside she keeps her kids away and if she sees them near my apartment or my daughter she gets pissed and yells at them outside.

Am i out of place for keeping an eye out for these kids when their mom won't. She sits inside and lets them run the complex i seem to be the only parent outside with the kids when i do take my daughter out because you never know who's out there.

Replies

• SunFlower700
    June 15, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I don't think it has anything to do with you playing outside with your daughter.  When my kids were young, I would take them fishing, go out in the field and we would fly kites, race remote control cars, etc...  It has more to do with your past relationship with bully neighbour.  Personally I would never allow my kids around the kids of former school bullies.  If bullies parents didn't teach her bullying was wrong, I highly doubt that is a lesson she passed on to her kids.  Find another group of friends for your daughter to play with.  Ones with parents who teach their children good morals.

• MomRocs1102
    June 15, 2013 at 3:11 PM

nothing wrong with you playing with your dd, i would suggest letting them tend to their children don't bother them, don't say anything to them, and find another circle of friends for your dd.  gl

• .Peaches.
    June 15, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Seems like she has more of a problem with you than your DD. I have a neighbor like that...she came over one day when my girls and my next door neighbors kids were outside playing (they always play very well together, never a problem at ALL) to ask if her two kids (a boy and a girl) could come over and play. I said sure, because I was out there watching all of them anyways, I figured two more wouldn't really make a difference.

LAWD, was I wrong. The little boy came over and promptly decided that throwing toy cars at my 3 year old was a game he wanted to play- of course, I nipped that in the bud. Then the little girl got mad because nobody wanted to play the game she wanted, put her hand on her hip and started that neck swivling crap, talmbout "I'm in charge!" I said "OK, this ain't gon' work.' and took them back to their house (two houses down) and explained to their mom what was going on. I told them that the rest of the kids play nicely, and if they could do that, then they were more than welcome to come back over. From that point on, she's had a problem with me...she won't let her kids come over and play, and I feel kinda bad for them, because they just stand in the yard and watch my kids play with other kids.

So, yeah, I feel you. But I wouldn't worry too much about it. Less kids for you to worry about, right?

• Bunsmommy
    June 15, 2013 at 3:47 PM
    Weird for playing for your kid? NEVER! Imagine having a boy and playing Spider-Man climbing up a wall with him....that's borderline weird!
    Those children probably had the greatest time of their lives playing ball with you at the park; for all any of us know that may have been a rare opportunity for them to be children. It seems like that child heard his parent(s) say something about you being weird and decided that he should repeat it. You are supposed to spend time enjoying your child/children and anyone who believes the opposite IMO is the weird one. Keep going to the park, playing ball, enjoying her childhood; that's called making memories!
  • luvthagirl
    June 15, 2013 at 3:59 PM
    I think i remember you saying your daughter was 3, so imo it would be weird/crazy to NOT stay outside and supervise/play with your daughter
  • mommy_2_be_2010
    June 15, 2013 at 5:20 PM
    You heard right she is 3.......the crazy part is the other kids mom(my bully) never sets foot outside unless she knows i'm out there with my daughter and stands there giving me dirty looks i never put my hands on this girl she used to threaten me every chance she got.

I would NEVER EVER lay hands on a child unless it warranted it and it was my own. I just don't find it fair to the kids the lil girl had so much fun when she played with my daughter. I find it sad because the kid has nobody but her brother to play with.

Quoting luvthagirl:

I think i remember you saying your daughter was 3, so imo it would be weird/crazy to NOT stay outside and supervise/play with your daughter
  • Telo319
    by Telo319
    June 16, 2013 at 11:26 AM
    I remember your story. First, don't let anyone bully you. You have to be strong for yourself and child. The fact that the woman is poisoning her children against you is enough reason to stay with your child. My girls are ten and six and I stay with them.
  • mommy_2_be_2010
    June 16, 2013 at 3:19 PM
    I do stay with her the lil girl loves playing with my daughter but the lil girls mom can't stand me because she was my bully and takes it upon herself to make sure her son calls me names to my face i try to be nice to everybody because i expect the same treatment but i guess i can't be

Quoting Telo319:

I remember your story. First, don't let anyone bully you. You have to be strong for yourself and child. The fact that the woman is poisoning her children against you is enough reason to stay with your child. My girls are ten and six and I stay with them.
  • mz23
    by mz23
    June 16, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    Maybe she's jealous you are playing and interacting with the kids and thats not something she would do for whatever reason. Maybe she thinks you make her look bad idk. Its odd NOT to watch and interact with your kids.
  • honey27
    by honey27
    June 16, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    you said she's your bully so she's gonna have a problem with you no matter what you do so you and your daughter should just stay away from her and her kids. i wouldnt even pay her any mind and just play with your daughter.

African American Mommies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN