African American Mommies

Babujai
What's your signature dish?
by Babujai
January 8, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Do you have one dish that you're famous for among your friends and family? Is that the only thing you cook/bake well?

For family gatherings I usually get picked to make the pork greens (DH's cousin makes the greens for the non-pork eaters).  I'm also known for my zucchini bread.

I have a few other things that I make pretty good, but DH is a much better cook than I am.  I either need a recipe or a lot of experience making something before it's good.  He's able to just throw things together until they taste good.

Replies

• goodmama85
    January 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM
    Pork chops smothered with apples and potatoes!! Not the only thing I can cook well but it is my fav to cook lol
  • Hottmomma607
    January 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Potato salad!

• Babujai
    by Babujai
    January 8, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Potato salad!

I did a dill potato salad that I and ODS loved, but DH and YDS hated.  Do you put mustard in your potato salad?

• babyblue415
    January 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM

mostly anything from my home country of Sweden

• Babujai
    by Babujai
    January 8, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Quoting babyblue415:

Like?  I'm not familiar with Swedish cuisine.

• babyblue415
    January 8, 2013 at 11:20 AM

meatballs , mashed potatoes, cinnamon roll with pearl sugar on top. half speacials wich is a hot dog bun filled wiht mashed potatoes wiht a hot dog on top and ketchup and mustard on top of that. somethign called "flying jacob" wich is shredded chiken in a casserole dish and in it is a heavy cream suace wiht chilli suace and on top of that is bananas and peanuts... i got plenty more

Quoting Babujai:

Quoting babyblue415:

Like?  I'm not familiar with Swedish cuisine.

• Simply3
    by Simply3
    January 8, 2013 at 11:27 AM
    Baked ranch chicken wings.
  • inmybizz
    January 8, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Chilean sea bass on a bed of sauteed spinach w/roasted pepper/onion chutney. It's a great recipe for non cooks like myself..  :)

• Babujai
    by Babujai
    January 8, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Quoting inmybizz:

Chilean sea bass on a bed of sauteed spinach w/roasted pepper/onion chutney. It's a great recipe for non cooks like myself..  :)

Sounds fancy!

• KristaElizabeth
    January 8, 2013 at 11:45 AM
    My Mac n cheese ;)

African American Mommies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts