African American Mommies

Bunsmommy
Our New Christmas Eve Tradition
December 24, 2012 at 10:49 AM
So, I got a call from a friend asking if I'd come help her wrap gifts, put food into boxes and help deliver to families. Cool beans, that's right up my alley and she knows it. I told Bun to go get dressed and what we're going to do. I explained that we're going to give food and gifts to children who otherwise this year wouldn't have any, he went grabbed a toy he hasn't played with for awhile and some food out of his cabinet and was like "let's go!" That touched me that on some level he's starting to get my mantra of "to whom much is given, much is required!" and to see him be so enthused about wanting to help others. He might get to unwrap a gift tonight.

Replies

• luvthagirl
    December 24, 2012 at 10:51 AM
    That's very sweet, I dislike selfish bratty children
  • mom2kortni
    December 24, 2012 at 10:54 AM
    That's too sweet, that just shows how good of a job you're doing.
  • inmybizz
    December 24, 2012 at 10:55 AM

cool!! I think the best gift I've ever given my daughter is a sense of service/helping others less fortunate..Have fun!!!

• mamadee1971
    December 24, 2012 at 11:35 AM

That's awesome.  My kids are the same way, they like to help and I hope they'll carry this attitude for the rest of their lives.  But now, while they're still kids, maybe, they can "school" some grown folks to be unselfish and to show humility.  Enjoy and be blessed.

• CBMama06
    December 24, 2012 at 11:48 AM
    How sweet!! Nothing like giving.. It truly makes one feel good about themselves...
  • MummiMayI
    December 24, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Beautiful, Sounds like you're rasing a great young man! Enjoy your Christmas :)

• KymberleeAnn
    December 24, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Aw, God bless him that's so sweet.

• KymberleeAnn
    December 24, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Me too!

Quoting luvthagirl:

That's very sweet, I dislike selfish bratty children

• KymberleeAnn
    December 24, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I was going to say that too, way to go Mom, you are training him right.

Quoting mom2kortni:

That's too sweet, that just shows how good of a job you're doing.

• KymberleeAnn
    December 24, 2012 at 1:24 PM

That's very nice you get a thumbs up too!good

Quoting inmybizz:

cool!! I think the best gift I've ever given my daughter is a sense of service/helping others less fortunate..Have fun!!!

African American Mommies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts