African American Mommies

leaniece
I hate to do it.....
November 21, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Have you ever turned a close relative, to the cops, for something they were doing wrong, possibly illegal?????

I am in this situation now. I love my Dad, but I may have to turn him in to authorities. I don't want to but what he is doing is wrong. I would be doing this anonymously, and possibly destroy or put a wedge in the family. I am still going to stand my ground. Pray for me. Has anyone else gone through anything similar? How did you come to the decision to turn that person in???

Replies

• SunFlower700
    November 21, 2012 at 11:23 PM

When I was in my teens and my grandfather was still alive, I wanted to call the police on him for drinking and driving.  He was an alcoholic.  Would drink from 5 am to 11 pm every day.  I didn't though. 

If you don't mind sharing, what is it that he is doing?

• Mishandia
    November 21, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Follow you heart and pray on it.

• mamadee1971
    November 22, 2012 at 12:43 AM

If it's going to benefit for better, saving his life and/or trying to keep sanity in the family, then do what you gotta do.

• KymberleeAnn
    November 22, 2012 at 5:25 AM

No, I never had a reason to.

• KristaElizabeth
    November 22, 2012 at 7:01 AM
    Personally no, but there have been people in my family who have been in that situation.
    Sending positive vibes dear!
  • Dana267
    by Dana267
    November 22, 2012 at 7:09 AM
    Do what feels right. It's anonymous right?
  • leaniece
    November 22, 2012 at 7:16 AM
    Yes. But there still could be a possibility from gossiping, that someone might find out. Not the only one that knows.

Quoting Dana267:

Do what feels right. It's anonymous right?

• leaniece
    November 22, 2012 at 7:17 AM
    I'm embarrassed to say.

Quoting SunFlower700:

When I was in my teens and my grandfather was still alive, I wanted to call the police on him for drinking and driving.  He was an alcoholic.  Would drink from 5 am to 11 pm every day.  I didn't though. 

If you don't mind sharing, what is it that he is doing?

• LotusBlossom
    November 22, 2012 at 7:37 AM
    That's a tough decision. I would do it if there is foreseeable harm for myself or others.

You have to pray hard on that one.
  • Girlzmachine
    November 22, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I have not been in this situation but I would if they were a child molester or if they murdered someone or put a child in any danger.

African American Mommies