African American Mommies

leaniece
I hate to do it.....
November 21, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Have you ever turned a close relative, to the cops, for something they were doing wrong, possibly illegal?????

I am in this situation now. I love my Dad, but I may have to turn him in to authorities. I don't want to but what he is doing is wrong. I would be doing this anonymously, and possibly destroy or put a wedge in the family. I am still going to stand my ground. Pray for me. Has anyone else gone through anything similar? How did you come to the decision to turn that person in???

Replies

• SunFlower700
    November 21, 2012 at 11:23 PM

When I was in my teens and my grandfather was still alive, I wanted to call the police on him for drinking and driving.  He was an alcoholic.  Would drink from 5 am to 11 pm every day.  I didn't though. 

If you don't mind sharing, what is it that he is doing?

• Mishandia
    November 21, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Follow you heart and pray on it.

• mamadee1971
    November 22, 2012 at 12:43 AM

If it's going to benefit for better, saving his life and/or trying to keep sanity in the family, then do what you gotta do.

• KymberleeAnn
    November 22, 2012 at 5:25 AM

No, I never had a reason to.

• KristaElizabeth
    November 22, 2012 at 7:01 AM
    Personally no, but there have been people in my family who have been in that situation.
    Sending positive vibes dear!
  • Dana267
    by Dana267
    November 22, 2012 at 7:09 AM
    Do what feels right. It's anonymous right?
  • leaniece
    November 22, 2012 at 7:16 AM
    Yes. But there still could be a possibility from gossiping, that someone might find out. Not the only one that knows.

Quoting Dana267:

Do what feels right. It's anonymous right?

• leaniece
    November 22, 2012 at 7:17 AM
    I'm embarrassed to say.

Quoting SunFlower700:

When I was in my teens and my grandfather was still alive, I wanted to call the police on him for drinking and driving.  He was an alcoholic.  Would drink from 5 am to 11 pm every day.  I didn't though. 

If you don't mind sharing, what is it that he is doing?

• LotusBlossom
    November 22, 2012 at 7:37 AM
    That's a tough decision. I would do it if there is foreseeable harm for myself or others.

You have to pray hard on that one.
  • Girlzmachine
    November 22, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I have not been in this situation but I would if they were a child molester or if they murdered someone or put a child in any danger.

African American Mommies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN