African American Mommies

LaceNBklyn
The cycle mature women only plz
November 15, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Ok so how often do you change your pads?
Do you prefer pads or tampons?
What brand?
Any other hygiene must while on period?

Me EVERY time i use the bathroom and every hr esp the first two days which are the heaviest. And more then every hr if needed. ( i once heard im wasting pads.......) im sorry but i cant keep a wet pad on once i have used the bathroom even if its a little blood (tmi)

I used to be addicted to tampons till i found out they are not healthy for you. It stops your natrual cleasing and blood flow.

Im a always lady. I love always brands for tampons and pads.

I have to walk with always wipes and use those instea of tissue while on my cycle. Plus i bathe one extra time for the day then normal and last i always wear panty liners under my pad.

Replies

• kandipie22
    November 15, 2012 at 8:22 PM
    I change every time I go to the bathroom! I prefer pads because the tampons are not good for you! I use always overnites for the first 3 days I had my tubes tide and ever since then my flow is like extra heavy!!!! I buy the always wipes to keep myself clean while I'm on and I use the summers eve cleansing wash when bathing!!!
  • Hottmomma607
    November 15, 2012 at 9:17 PM
    Tampons,every time I use restroom.
  • SunFlower700
    November 15, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I change every time I use the bathroom and every hour if I don't have to use the bathroom.

I don't really have a choice.  I have an extremely heavy cycle where I have to wear the thick night time pads in addition to the super absorbent tampons to keep from ruining my clothes.  I can't use any other brand but Always as it seems to be the only brand that can handle my cycle. 

• BUFFIE.the.BODY
    November 15, 2012 at 11:22 PM
    This & every hour if I don't have to use the bathroom

Quoting Hottmomma607:

• LaceNBklyn
    November 15, 2012 at 11:58 PM
    Do you ever experience yeast infections? My gyn told me tampons can be a key factor.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

• Hottmomma607
    November 16, 2012 at 12:11 AM
    OMG! I hadn't had an yeast infection in over 13yrs.! I was doing a douche every so often,which I didn't know it was bad? Using tampons since I was 19yo! so over 20yrs. now and no issues!

Quoting LaceNBklyn:

Do you ever experience yeast infections? My gyn told me tampons can be a key factor.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

• RoyalBlossom
    November 16, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I use pads more often, I try to use tampons but I guess I put them in wrong sometimes, because they are uncomfortable. I find my tampons always leak so I only do those when necessary and change everytime I go to the restroom. I change my pads often, I can't say every hour like you guys but I do change them when I feel it necessary.

• TrulyMicka
    November 16, 2012 at 8:35 AM

I use pads & I change everytime I go to the bathroom & all during the day. I only use tampons if im going to be sitting at my desk all day...ugh!..I use stayfree ultra thins they absorb great & are cotton..I dont like always...the last time I bought some was years ago & it has that plastic on top...i saw they have some new ones that are cotton & suppose to absorb too...maybe i'll try them. I bathe about 2-3 times a day anyway so there is no change..& i dont use the wipes..maybe at the end i'll use a  baby wipe...i dont like they wetness...against the wetness (tmi..lol)

African American Mommies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN