African American Mommies

gem618
Black Girls Rock! Do you?
by gem618
November 10, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I am watching the rerun of Black Girls Rock right now.  Janelle Monae just made me cry. ( I cry over everthing since I became a mom...LOL.)  I'm a black girl that rocks because I am a mother who does her best everyday.  I try to be a good wife and I try to give good advice to my nieces.  I have learned it is not selfish to take time for myself - whether I am working out or just reading a magazine and drinking a latte.    We are all busy women, but maybe there is something more we could be doing for ourselves or for others.  What makes you a Black girl that rocks?

Replies

• truly.a.taurus
    November 11, 2012 at 12:17 PM
    I work and take care of home. I'm loyal and generally a good person and friend.
  • EbonyLove29
    November 11, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I Rock just because......

• Twinsplusmore
    November 11, 2012 at 12:39 PM
    I am a black girl who rocks! I am s mom of 4, two boys and two girls, as well as a wife. I strive to be the best mom and wife. I teach my children to love themselves and always be the best them they can be.
  • Hottmomma607
    November 11, 2012 at 1:14 PM
    Me too!! ♡

Quoting EbonyLove29:

I Rock just because......

• KymberleeAnn
    November 11, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I'm KymberleeAnn, and I'm a strong black girl that rocks!!!

• diaperstodating
    November 11, 2012 at 2:10 PM
    I rock because I am a strong black woman raising my boys to be strong black men!
  • diaperstodating
    November 11, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I was also watching Black Girls Rock last night.

• lovlyB
    by lovlyB
    November 11, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I Rock just because Im a mother of two,loving spouse, sexy, fun and outgoing. And who can do whatever I put my mind too and Im proud of who I am!! you rockAA moms of CM!

• kandipie22
    November 11, 2012 at 11:14 PM
    I am holding down a full-time job, taking care of my mom who just had a mysectomy(hope I spelled that right), Tues. She starts her chemo, plus I'm taking care of the kids and my husband lol!!!, so I am definitely a girl excuse me,women that rocks!!! Lol
  • Twinsplusmore
    November 12, 2012 at 12:25 PM

African American Mommies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN