African American Mommies

jaysmom2002
I KNOW SONE OF YALL GONNA HATE ME....
October 23, 2012 at 7:36 AM
Last night I was having a discussion with someone about food stamps and public assistance and she disagreed with me. Heres my point of view, should we be able to get food stamps and assistance YES! But the govt needs to put a cap on that shit.I have a family friend who has housing food stamps etc and has never worked a day in her life. I feel that it should be a temporary thing let's say 3 years the max. And if you are receiving assistance it should be required that you go to school and or have a job... that's my thought on it and NO I'm not bashing anyone that gets assistance but some people are abusing the system and making it hard for those who need help.

Replies

• luvthagirl
    October 23, 2012 at 12:07 PM
    That's another thing, I've never take notice on how the person in front of me is paying. I give them space (at least 4feet) and mind my own business cause I have tons of other things I could be worrying about beside the type of payment option a person is using & car they are driving

Quoting Captzsss:

While I agree that there should be some type of limitations on FS,  I also agree people need to mind their own business.  I never know who's paying with FS becasue I don't care.  I'm too worried about what's going on with me and mine to worry about who's paying with FS, what they have in their cart, what they're driving etc.  I rather have my taxes going to the FS program than some stupid space crap or any other stupid program that's usless.

Quoting luvthagirl:

But what does that have to do with you? and wouldn't you still be inside the store checking out while they drive away in their luxury SUV?

Quoting fabmom525:

I totally agree, I get tired of seeing people in the grocery store that pay with their food stamp card then go out to the parking lot and drive away in an Escalade!

• luvthagirl
    October 23, 2012 at 12:10 PM
    God forbid if you and your kids are clean and neatly dressed, lol
    You're abusing the system for sure

Quoting mom2kortni:

Smh at Escalade. I loathe when people think you have to look poor to get assistance. Ever heard of fallen on hard times?

Quoting fabmom525:

I totally agree, I get tired of seeing people in the grocery store that pay with their food stamp card then go out to the parking lot and drive away in an Escalade!

• micka5
    by micka5
    October 23, 2012 at 12:15 PM

The world would be such a better place if everyone did..

Quoting luvthagirl:

That's another thing, I've never take notice on how the person in front of me is paying. I give them space (at least 4feet) and mind my own business cause I have tons of other things I could be worrying about beside the type of payment option a person is using & car they are driving

Quoting Captzsss:

While I agree that there should be some type of limitations on FS,  I also agree people need to mind their own business.  I never know who's paying with FS becasue I don't care.  I'm too worried about what's going on with me and mine to worry about who's paying with FS, what they have in their cart, what they're driving etc.  I rather have my taxes going to the FS program than some stupid space crap or any other stupid program that's usless.

Quoting luvthagirl:

But what does that have to do with you? and wouldn't you still be inside the store checking out while they drive away in their luxury SUV?

Quoting fabmom525:

• jinxmom
    by jinxmom
    October 23, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Quoting jaysmom2002:

Last night I was having a discussion with someone about food stamps and public assistance and she disagreed with me. Heres my point of view, should we be able to get food stamps and assistance YES! But the govt needs to put a cap on that shit.I have a family friend who has housing food stamps etc and has never worked a day in her life. I feel that it should be a temporary thing let's say 3 years the max. And if you are receiving assistance it should be required that you go to school and or have a job... that's my thought on it and NO I'm not bashing anyone that gets assistance but some people are abusing the system and making it hard for those who need help.

This is what they do in OH.  I agree with you.  There should be a max.  Like anything else in life, ppl take advantage esp if they can get away with it. [sigh]

• Hottmomma607
    October 23, 2012 at 12:25 PM
    Exactly! And each state is different! 92' Clinton set in place a law so you can't be on welfare forever you have to be doing something!
    Ok let's be honest people good credit a good car, bad credit a bad car! I am not on welfare or foodstamps, DH makes good money! But I get tired if people coming up with this "They used foodstamp card&drove away in luxury SUV"! Its like an alien sighting!! Firet of all I have no flipping clue what people are using when they purchased their groceries! Let alone stalk them in the parking lot&say Oooo they drove away in their SUV which counld've been a family members! Around here we have a lot of Samoans which they live together, share vehicles, etc.

Quoting luvthagirl:

Quoting fabmom525:

• luvthagirl
    October 23, 2012 at 12:29 PM
    Lol@stalking them to the parking lot

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Exactly! And each state is different! 92' Clinton set in place a law so you can't be on welfare forever you have to be doing something!

Ok let's be honest people good credit a good car, bad credit a bad car! I am not on welfare or foodstamps, DH makes good money! But I get tired if people coming up with this "They used foodstamp card&drove away in luxury SUV"! Its like an alien sighting!! Firet of all I have no flipping clue what people are using when they purchased their groceries! Let alone stalk them in the parking lot&say Oooo they drove away in their SUV which counld've been a family members! Around here we have a lot of Samoans which they live together, share vehicles, etc.

Quoting luvthagirl:

Quoting fabmom525:

• Hottmomma607
    October 23, 2012 at 12:36 PM
    She said it was a "joke"! A better joke would have been an complete detachment from the normal truth! Like saying she pulled out her stamp card out of her LV purse, rocking a BeBe dress&red bottoms shoes and drove away in a maybach not a freaking Escalade! That would have been funny!

Quoting mom2kortni:

Smh at Escalade. I loathe when people think you have to look poor to get assistance. Ever heard of fallen on hard times?

Quoting fabmom525:

• Litlmama87
    October 23, 2012 at 12:38 PM
    I just can't stand nosy bitches.

I don't give a damn what you paid with, what's in your cart, what you're driving, or the whereabouts of the man you slept with to make that baby in your cart.

Ain't none of my business.

And to be honest, I don't care about those who find ways to work the system, as long as their kids don't look like they came off a 'Feed the Children' commercial. Good for them, shit. When/if they get caught, that's their burden, I'll mind my business then, too.

I want some damn housing, you crazy as hell if you think i'd turn that offer down.
  • RelaxedMom2-3
    October 23, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I agree 100%

• Hottmomma607
    October 23, 2012 at 12:44 PM
    I mean how do you know where their at&what their driving unless you following them? I get weirded out when I was in check out line with someone and they happen to be parked next to me!
    I've gotten irritated with certain groups of people on CM indicates only certain races get foodstamps and wear "expensive" clothes like Baby Phat, FUBU, ROCAWEAR,etc. And drive away in SUV's while on their ipod, ipad&iphone! o_O

Quoting luvthagirl:

Lol@stalking them to the parking lot

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Quoting luvthagirl:

Quoting fabmom525:

African American Mommies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN