African American Mommies

wademom07
Post Recipes Here!!!
February 1, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Hay Ladies,

Please post any recipes you would like to share here, I am trying to get the Cafemom team to add a sticky to this post so that it is always available.

baking

Replies

• proudmomof2653
    February 1, 2012 at 5:30 PM

This is how i make my spaghetti.

First, i get a pan and put a splashh of oil in it just to cover the bottom,(olive oil is best because of the flavor) than i get 2 red peppers, 2 green peppers and 2 big onions and saute' them until peppers are nice and soft and onions are translucent,

Now while they are cooking in the pan, my water should be boiling at this point so i boil the noodles than when the peppers and the onions are done, i pour in my spaghetti sauce in with them and let it simmer while the noodles are boiling, when spaghetti is al dente' i put the noodles in altogether with the peppers and onion and sauce and voila dinner is done.

• sweetiepie81
    February 1, 2012 at 6:08 PM
    Ok.. Get 2 cans of bush's baked beans simmer with cinnamon & brown sugar while ur boiling 2 packs of ballpark beef hotdogs. Then add the hotdogs to the beans & BAM u get beans & frank!
  • sweetiepie81
    February 1, 2012 at 6:10 PM
    Where the damn meat?! Lol!

Quoting proudmomof2653:

First, i get a pan and put a splashh of oil in it just to cover the bottom,(olive oil is best because of the flavor) than i get 2 red peppers, 2 green peppers and 2 big onions and saute' them until peppers are nice and soft and onions are translucent,

Now while they are cooking in the pan, my water should be boiling at this point so i boil the noodles than when the peppers and the onions are done, i pour in my spaghetti sauce in with them and let it simmer while the noodles are boiling, when spaghetti is al dente' i put the noodles in altogether with the peppers and onion and sauce and voila dinner is done.

• sexychica25
    February 1, 2012 at 6:12 PM
    I bit my lip laughing at you.

Quoting sweetiepie81:

Ok.. Get 2 cans of bush's baked beans simmer with cinnamon & brown sugar while ur boiling 2 packs of ballpark beef hotdogs. Then add the hotdogs to the beans & BAM u get beans & frank!
  • wademom07
    February 1, 2012 at 6:42 PM

BUMP!

• proudmomof2653
    February 1, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I do not use meat allthe time but if i do i only put half a lb. in it but when it is done like this, I think that it tastes good without it.

Quoting sweetiepie81:

Quoting proudmomof2653:

• wademom07
    February 1, 2012 at 8:45 PM

BUMP!

• a_leigh_d
    February 1, 2012 at 8:53 PM

LOL!!! Mix equal amount of ground beef and Italian sausage, brown, drain, add chopped pepperoni, onion/pepper combo that she listed (I saute garlic too) and Italian seasoning. Simmer.

Quoting sweetiepie81:

Quoting proudmomof2653:

• Alyson121
    February 1, 2012 at 9:06 PM

I made Pad Thai and Pineapple Fried Rice.  It was really simple.  I used a recipe app i downloaded and tweaked it a bit.

Basically the fried rice used precooked basmati rice (i made it the day before).  Fresh pineapple, raw cashews, raisins, fresh cilantro, grated carrots, and fresh tomatoes.  Shrimp and/or chicken could also be added as well.  The sauce was made of butter and ghee (which is clarified butter), sesame oil, coconut amino (a non soy version of soy sauce), a TBSP of raw sugar and a bit of fresh squeezed lime juice.

It turned our very well.  The Pad Thai uses the same basic ingredients except egg is added and tofu is used as well as bean sprouts.

I'll write up a recipe on my site when i get a chance.  I was also thinking about during video for it as well. 

• sweetiepie81
    February 1, 2012 at 9:16 PM
    Pepperoni? I've used ground turkey & italian sausage.. Hmm something new to try!

Quoting a_leigh_d:

LOL!!! Mix equal amount of ground beef and Italian sausage, brown, drain, add chopped pepperoni, onion/pepper combo that she listed (I saute garlic too) and Italian seasoning. Simmer.

Quoting sweetiepie81:

Quoting proudmomof2653:

African American Mommies

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts