Did you know today is Dr Suess 107 birthday. So have some cake and lets celebrate the big day with one of these areas.
Have some of these foods .
- Fish Snacks…One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
- Colorful Goldfish
- Truffula Fruits…The Lorax
- Red Grapes on the vines
- Green Eggs & Ham…Green Eggs and Ham
- Any fully cooked ham, I usually get the spiral cut since it is easier to serve. After preparing to the packaged directions, place on large platter. To make it green, cover in a thin layer of cooked spinach or cover in apple jelly and top with chopped cilantro or parsley.
- Daisy-Head Burgers…Daisy-Head Mayzie
- After making or buying your favorite burgers, top them with a clever daisy! (Thick sliced cheese cut with a daisy cookie cutter with a green toothpick “stem”)
- Or have one of these drinks .
- Pink Ink…One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
- Pink lemonade serve with a pail of Ice
- Nice Ice…I Can Read With My Eyes Shut
- Serve ice in a pail (target has some in the dollar area) with a sign that says, “NICE ICE FOR SALE-10 CENTS A PAIL”
- Read one or two of his books to your kids or grnd kids.
- Go see The Lorax.
by Cenedra64March 5, 2012 at 4:14 PM
cute!! I love that movie Horton Hears a Who
by zboysMarch 5, 2012 at 8:32 PM
I LOVE the idea of having ham, goldfish, pink lemonade, etc. in honor of the various books he wrote!! I hope I remember to do this for if/when I have grandkids! I love the hat, by the way!