Assistance Mama's (FS, WIC, & Medicaid)

Get Breast Pump in California?
November 5, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I'm not sure if this question has already been answered...So apologies if it has.

I live in California and I have Medi-Cal & Cal-fresh (food stamps) but I don't have WIC. I have in the past, I could get it now if I wanted. Because as far as food goes, I don't need it.

BUT I've heard that sometimes WIC gives you a electric breast pump to use, and even sometimes keep! Does anybody know if this is true? Could I get it from somewhere else without getting WIC? Could you tell me different places to try and call? Does anybody have the California phone # for WIC?

I can't afford a new one, and for how much people are asking on Craigslist I doubt I could get a used one. The thought of buying a used one is kinda scary also.

Any facts would be great, thanks! 


  • Nicolle_09
    December 22, 2012 at 7:33 PM
    Mostly they will give out a hand pump unless you are going to be heading back to school or work. New insurance laws state that they havs to cover pumps now so its best to go through them
  • kerriwarenda
    February 13, 2013 at 9:37 AM
    In n because I was going back to school they gave me one, and had to return because I didn't supply enough milk but they would have let me keep it til she was a year old
  • TAG9lbs
    by TAG9lbs
    March 30, 2014 at 11:35 PM
    I don't know I just rented an electronic one from the hospital in Oxnard from $30

Assistance Mama's (FS, WIC, & Medicaid)

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts