Assistance Mama's (FS, WIC, & Medicaid)

F//S and medical card! Help!
December 22, 2011 at 1:44 AM
Ok for the food stamps I just want to know if I can buy vegetable trays? I live in illinois. And for the medical card- my daughter was born in oct, and when we had her 1st apt, we were in the process of getting her on the card, we got her on the card 2 weeks after her apt, but the dr office is saying we have to pay the bill for tht apt! Its 70 bucks I can't afford! Help!


  • honeyb690
    December 22, 2011 at 7:12 PM
    no you need to call the number on your medical card and let them know they should cover it and as far as the veg. tray i dont se why not but im in ga and they let us
  • karone04
    December 23, 2011 at 5:40 PM

    They let us buy vegetable or fruit trays in Ohio.

  • mamadee1971
    December 30, 2011 at 10:31 PM

    You should be able to by any kind of foods except for cooked foods(meaning those little in-store restaurants or where they have to prepare your foods like delis),alcohol and in some cases those energy drinks.  But you can call your local FS office.

    The medical card, you might want to call them and you'll have to go with a provider that'll accept government insurance/Medicaid.

  • firsttimemom733
    January 3, 2012 at 11:40 PM
    The dr office does accept the medical card

Assistance Mama's (FS, WIC, & Medicaid)

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts