Young Moms

Dandrea.K.
Carrying 2babies and didnt even know ?
February 1, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Are you in my situation or know anybody or have been in one yourself? See i have a daughter davienna and preggo with my 2nd child and well when i went for my 2nd ultrasound their was TWINS ... Yes twins iam only 17 with a 8month old dd and preggo with twins omg not in a bad way but i need serious advice plz someone , anyone ... I NEED YOUR ADVICE I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT CARRYING TWINS .....

Replies

• Beauty91805
    February 1, 2013 at 12:00 PM
    Wow, thats a crazy situation to be in but I never had twins so here is a bump!
  • Double_Trouble
    February 1, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    I have twins and the best advice I can give you is ask for help. The first year of my twins life was a big blur. A support system will be key to your survival especially since you have an other little one. I know it's frowned apon but bottle prop and feed them at the same time. What I did was feed them one at a time during the day so they got that contact but at night I would prop the bottle to cut down on feeding time. It is hard work but when u look at your little ones it is worth it. Feel free to PM me my twins will be 7 tomorrow so I have lots of experience. Good luck.
  • KylersMom8-16-7
    February 1, 2013 at 12:27 PM
    Wow! What a surprise! I had my first at 17 and 8 months later I was pregnant at 18 with my second but not twins.

Everything will be fine just very hectic! Take care of yourself, rest up if possible, and after your babies are born accept help!
  • Nicki1995
    February 1, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Omg congratulations!!! Lol

• midjet117
    February 1, 2013 at 12:40 PM

i certainly do not reccomend bottle propping, if the milk comes out of the nipple too fast your child could choke, thats why its frowned upon. Plus if your twins are borm prematurely, like mine were you especially do not wanna take that risk. good luck, twins are harder than one baby, twice the needs, and definatly twice as demanding in the begining. Not to mention how sleep deprived I was for like 3 months straight. There are good points too but honey if i ever ended up pregnant with another set of twins, I'd cry. 

Quoting Double_Trouble:

I have twins and the best advice I can give you is ask for help. The first year of my twins life was a big blur. A support system will be key to your survival especially since you have an other little one. I know it's frowned apon but bottle prop and feed them at the same time. What I did was feed them one at a time during the day so they got that contact but at night I would prop the bottle to cut down on feeding time. It is hard work but when u look at your little ones it is worth it. Feel free to PM me my twins will be 7 tomorrow so I have lots of experience. Good luck.

• Dandrea.K.
    February 1, 2013 at 12:40 PM
    Thnx i needed that i surely will be messaging you lol thnx again ..

Quoting Double_Trouble:

• Dandrea.K.
    February 1, 2013 at 12:46 PM
    Oh wow okay and im a big sleeper wooops .. lol thnx tho

Quoting midjet117:

i certainly do not reccomend bottle propping, if the milk comes out of the nipple too fast your child could choke, thats why its frowned upon. Plus if your twins are borm prematurely, like mine were you especially do not wanna take that risk. good luck, twins are harder than one baby, twice the needs, and definatly twice as demanding in the begining. Not to mention how sleep deprived I was for like 3 months straight. There are good points too but honey if i ever ended up pregnant with another set of twins, I'd cry. 

Quoting Double_Trouble:

• GingerGeek
    February 1, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I have twins who are 2 1/2 now.  The best advice I can give you is to get the babies on the same schedule as soon as you can.  Once I figured that out, it wasn't that difficult.  I recommend having two boppy pillows or two fisher price rock n play sleepers.  I fed the twins like that a lot when I was alone with them.
    Good luck!

• 1.hot.mama2005
    February 1, 2013 at 3:37 PM
    I have 5 kids, but no twins. Congratulations! :-)

Young Moms