Young Moms

Proud-mommy-of2
BC question????
February 1, 2013 at 4:09 AM
Okay so I am currently 3 weeks pp and my doctor is expecting me to have a choice of BC at my 6 week pp check up... Well I have looked the nexplanon && they have some side effects that scare the crap outta me so no thanks, and I've heard some good things about mirena so I was wondering, has anyone gained weight while being on mirena ??? I'm so concerned about gaining weight cause I JUST had a baby and so far I dropped 17 lbs and still losing it and I DONT want to gain it back.

Replies

• Emiliush
    February 1, 2013 at 5:04 AM

never been on birth control.. and do you need to be put on that after you get prego? cuz my 6 week apt is monday.

• Proud-mommy-of2
    February 1, 2013 at 5:20 AM
    My doctor is putting me on BC cause I'm 18 and I already have two kids I had my daughter at 15 and my son at 18 and my pregnancies have been high risk I delivered my daughter prematurely at 35 weeks and my son late prematurely at 36+5.. So Im done having babies for now socim going on mirena but idk if it'll make me gain weight or not :/

Quoting Emiliush:

never been on birth control.. and do you need to be put on that after you get prego? cuz my 6 week apt is monday.

• Emiliush
    February 1, 2013 at 5:30 AM

ahh wow i see,

i dont know... hmmm probably depends on the person!

ask your doctor\ google it :D

Quoting Proud-mommy-of2:

My doctor is putting me on BC cause I'm 18 and I already have two kids I had my daughter at 15 and my son at 18 and my pregnancies have been high risk I delivered my daughter prematurely at 35 weeks and my son late prematurely at 36+5.. So Im done having babies for now socim going on mirena but idk if it'll make me gain weight or not :/

Quoting Emiliush:

• Proud-mommy-of2
    February 1, 2013 at 5:33 AM

Quoting Emiliush:

ahh wow i see,

i dont know... hmmm probably depends on the person!

ask your doctor\ google it :D

Quoting Proud-mommy-of2:

Quoting Emiliush:

• Nicki1995
    February 1, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Im on the pill...LOL! I dont want anything that would be inserted or implanted or shots or anything, so i went with the basic pill. It hasnt made me gain weight or anything. There are some mood swings though....Poor hubby lol

• aimhawk
    by aimhawk
    February 1, 2013 at 7:49 AM

It made my sister in law gain weight and it also detached from where it was supposed to be inside her and caused all sorts of other issues. My aunt had one and kept getting infections.

Myself and my SIL both have Implanon, with no side effects. I will have mine in for a year in March.

• 4Seasons-89
    February 1, 2013 at 7:56 PM
    To answer your question no you do not need to be. I have never been on birth control. I have two kids and my youngest is 6 months. It is not mandetory but a lot of people do go on bc after having a baby. You don't have to have a bc picked out. The nurses or doctor will gladly talk to you about the different form if you are interested it just goes quicker if you at least have a few picked out that you are interested in. If you choose no to however be prepared for a pushy nurse/doctor. After I had my daughter I saw a nurse I've never seen before. When I told her I wasnt interested for the 6th time she told me I should get on bc because "We didn't want anymore unwanted babies". Let me tell you she is lucky I didn't jump off that table in my gown and punch her in the face. I had was pissed that she implied my daughter was unwanted when she had no idea who I was or what the scenario of the relationship I had come out of or the new one I was in then. The visit after my son was much smoother. I requested my regular doctor and she was perfectly fine with it. She just told me to let her know if I changed my mind because I'm fertile mertile so it obviously won't take much to get me pregnant lol. I hope your 6 week check up goes well and just remember its not mandetory so if your not interested don't let them push you into it.

Quoting Emiliush:

• 4Seasons-89
    February 1, 2013 at 8:14 PM
    I have never been on bc but I have a lot of friends who are. The side affect label is just a warning. Not everyone has those side affects. Those are based on a number of people who had some or all those side affects but not everyone does. Each person is different but they have to put the warning just in case. Just think of it this way if everyone had a terrible side affect to a form of bc they wouldn't put it on the market. Plus you can change your bc at any time for any reason. Since you have decided to go on bc you can go in with a list of a couple you are interested and your doctor can tell you more. Some doctors have a list of proffered or may even know you well enough to suggest one for you. Congrats on the new little one :)
  • Emiliush
    February 1, 2013 at 8:17 PM

oh my gosh!! how dare that doctor say that!!!!!!! :O :O wow...

yeah i dont think i want too. plus im muuuuch more careful now!!!!!

Quoting 4Seasons-89:

To answer your question no you do not need to be. I have never been on birth control. I have two kids and my youngest is 6 months. It is not mandetory but a lot of people do go on bc after having a baby. You don't have to have a bc picked out. The nurses or doctor will gladly talk to you about the different form if you are interested it just goes quicker if you at least have a few picked out that you are interested in. If you choose no to however be prepared for a pushy nurse/doctor. After I had my daughter I saw a nurse I've never seen before. When I told her I wasnt interested for the 6th time she told me I should get on bc because "We didn't want anymore unwanted babies". Let me tell you she is lucky I didn't jump off that table in my gown and punch her in the face. I had was pissed that she implied my daughter was unwanted when she had no idea who I was or what the scenario of the relationship I had come out of or the new one I was in then. The visit after my son was much smoother. I requested my regular doctor and she was perfectly fine with it. She just told me to let her know if I changed my mind because I'm fertile mertile so it obviously won't take much to get me pregnant lol. I hope your 6 week check up goes well and just remember its not mandetory so if your not interested don't let them push you into it.

Quoting Emiliush:

• adwarfstar
    February 2, 2013 at 7:32 AM

my mom had to have a full hysterectomy due to the complications with her mirena. and yes, she gained more weight as well. i'm have the nexplanon and have had zero problems with it. it's just a preference really.

Young Moms