Young Moms

Featured Posts
ProudMommaBear
New Single Teen Mommy
January 20, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Hey everyone! 

My name is Payton, and I'm 16.  I just gave birth to my daughter Annabelle a month ago on December 21.  I'm a sinlge Mom, her Dad isn't involved, but knows she's his, and knows everything that went on, and everything that's going on, he chooses not to be here physically (mostly I think it's because were so young, and he's scared)  I joined this so I could talk to other teen moms out there, because no one understands your situation unless they're in it.  My Mom was a teen mom, but things have changed since then, so she can't really relate completely.  I just need somewhere to vent where I won't get the lecture, you know which one I'm talking about "Well you shouldn't have had sex...you should've been safer...this is what you get for having a kid so young...blah blah blah"  

Replies

• Nicki1995
    January 20, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Lol Well welcome. I had my daughter when i was 16. I am 17 and married. My daughter is 9 months old. We planned her, and everyone was happy about it though, so we didnt get a lecture. =) Anyway, i hope you enjoy the group!

• ProudMommaBear
    January 21, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Everyone in my family was super excited (besides my mom)... although she was DEFINITELY not planned. lol.  But I couldn't imagine life without her. I never considered myself a normal teen anyways, so whenever people ask me what it's like to be a teen mom, I'm like "I don't feel like a teen mom, I've always felt like an adult"  I've never been really "social" , and I ahted my school, and the people in it, so I was ahppy to get out of there.  I don't feel like being a teen mom is as hard as people make it seem... but that could be just me. 

Quoting Nicki1995:

Lol Well welcome. I had my daughter when i was 16. I am 17 and married. My daughter is 9 months old. We planned her, and everyone was happy about it though, so we didnt get a lecture. =) Anyway, i hope you enjoy the group!

• Nicki1995
    January 21, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Yeah, exactly. I was the same way, and i dont see how being a teen mom is so hard either. I just consider myself as a mom, and i feel like iv been mothering for years lol Iv always felt so much older than my actual age.

Quoting ProudMommaBear:

Everyone in my family was super excited (besides my mom)... although she was DEFINITELY not planned. lol.  But I couldn't imagine life without her. I never considered myself a normal teen anyways, so whenever people ask me what it's like to be a teen mom, I'm like "I don't feel like a teen mom, I've always felt like an adult"  I've never been really "social" , and I ahted my school, and the people in it, so I was ahppy to get out of there.  I don't feel like being a teen mom is as hard as people make it seem... but that could be just me. 

Quoting Nicki1995:

• Chillisarah
    January 21, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Hi Payton, welcome to the group.  Congrats on having Annabelle!  very pretty name :-)

• Justine1993
    January 21, 2013 at 1:12 PM
    Congrats hun!
  • Kenzie1817
    January 21, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Welcome! I'm Mackenzie(: I'm also a teen mother so I can relate to your story. This is a great group to be a part of!!

• proudmama11212
    January 21, 2013 at 10:16 PM
    Welcome! Im judy im 20 not technically a teen but i was pregnant at 17 and lost the baby then got pregnant again at 19 had my son in nov so i can sorta relate tho congrats on your daughter !!
  • Misserica91
    January 21, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Everyone feels like they have to put their say in what is wrong w/ the picture. They have to accept the situation as it is because people make mistakes. Things happen. But you'll get through it. Especially she's only a month old. People will let go of the subject of you being too young. There's girls who's had babies at 14. & it's hard to adjust for anyone who's a teenager being a mom. it's stressful but I mean give him his space & let him come around when he feels ready to go. That's all I gotta say. You'll make it.<3

• BentleyManoula
    January 21, 2013 at 11:44 PM
    Welcome to the group, Payton! :) I'm 18 and have a newborn baby named Bentley. The father isn't in the picture (nor ever will be) so I can imagine what you're going through. That's a pretty name! :)
  • ProudMommaBear
    January 22, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Thank you :) it's nice to see another perso who is single as well. I can relate to other teen moms, but not as good as when the father is involved, because they have another set of hands, another brain, another person there helping while I don't.

Quoting BentleyManoula:

Welcome to the group, Payton! :) I'm 18 and have a newborn baby named Bentley. The father isn't in the picture (nor ever will be) so I can imagine what you're going through. That's a pretty name! :)

Young Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN