Young Moms

Featured Posts
MAllen93
need advice
January 9, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Ok well I am very worried about delivery... I am 39 weeks on Sunday... I have had my blood drawn last Thursday and yesterday because of my blood.platelets (they help with ur blood clotting) well the first set of results said that my platelets dropped alil, and yesterday's results said that they dropped again... Now if they go down under 100 the hospital will not let me get a epidural and most likely I will have to get a c section... This scares me because I have never had surgery like for anything. And considering my mom, my aunt and my grandma all lost a lot of blood their first child does not help the.fact....

Now I think it would be best to be induced next week ecaus then at least my blood platelets won't be that low and if it safe I could try a vaginal birth. I just need some help

Replies

• Vipergirl22
    January 9, 2013 at 5:44 AM

I personally have not been in your situation. So I will give a BUMP so other moms can see this post.

• cemcnair
    January 9, 2013 at 7:20 AM
    I have never been measured for that?
  • cemcnair
    January 9, 2013 at 7:21 AM
    Plus wouldn't major abdominal surgery carry a higher risk of bleeding than a normal vaginal delivery?
  • Amaxwell1987
    January 9, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Be strong and know everything is going to be ok. I am confused though why would they not give you an epidural because of clotting factors? Wouldnt they give you an anesthetic for the c-section too?  But I would push for vaginal delivery with or wothout epidurlal if baby would be safe. Good luck and best wishes on your new bundle <3

• MAllen93
    January 9, 2013 at 11:56 AM
    Well the reason why they won't let u get a epidural when ur blood platelets are so low because u have a very high chance of becoming paralyzed.

Quoting Amaxwell1987:

Be strong and know everything is going to be ok. I am confused though why would they not give you an epidural because of clotting factors? Wouldnt they give you an anesthetic for the c-section too?  But I would push for vaginal delivery with or wothout epidurlal if baby would be safe. Good luck and best wishes on your new bundle <3

Young Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts