Young Moms

Featured Posts
Nicki1995
Sooo i was thinking
December 7, 2012 at 7:07 AM
I had my first child at 16. She is 8 months old and i am 17. I am married. I was thinking if i do have another child, 21 would be a good age for me. Is 5 years apart from my daughter and the next child a good age range? My husband and i still havent decided if we want another 1 yet, but im just thinking about the IF i do..lol

Replies

• AlanahsMommy623
    December 7, 2012 at 10:56 AM

honestly i think itll all depend on your children, i know kids who are just a few years apart and get along great and then on the other side same amount of years and kids fight all the time. m and my sister are 6 years apart and we did nothing but fight and argue our entire childhoods then finally became friends when i was about 17-18. 

whats probably a better idea is for you to think about how you feel abou when you want another child. you said you're only 17 right? give yourself those years like you said and then think about it then. dont worry so much about how your children will be, no point in worry if you should have another kid sooner than YOU are ready just because you want your kids to get along. and who knows by then you might decide you really dont want another child, or be like me. i was 19 when i have my daughter and didnt plan on having another, ended up gettinga divorce and finding another guy and realizing that i did want another baby.

• Nicki1995
    December 7, 2012 at 11:03 AM
    Yeah, my sister and i are 3 years apart and all we did is fight and argue too. We get along now, but before that it was like fire and gasoline! Yeah, i guess i am a little too worried about it and i dont know what i want. Usually i take things 1 step at a time, but im just getting ahead of myself about this lol I have PLENTY of time to decide lol =)

Quoting AlanahsMommy623:

honestly i think itll all depend on your children, i know kids who are just a few years apart and get along great and then on the other side same amount of years and kids fight all the time. m and my sister are 6 years apart and we did nothing but fight and argue our entire childhoods then finally became friends when i was about 17-18. 

whats probably a better idea is for you to think about how you feel abou when you want another child. you said you're only 17 right? give yourself those years like you said and then think about it then. dont worry so much about how your children will be, no point in worry if you should have another kid sooner than YOU are ready just because you want your kids to get along. and who knows by then you might decide you really dont want another child, or be like me. i was 19 when i have my daughter and didnt plan on having another, ended up gettinga divorce and finding another guy and realizing that i did want another baby.

• AlanahsMommy623
    December 7, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Exactly! no use worrying about it right now, just worry about you, that sweet baby of yours and your SO. You'll know when the time is right again.

Quoting Nicki1995:

Yeah, my sister and i are 3 years apart and all we did is fight and argue too. We get along now, but before that it was like fire and gasoline! Yeah, i guess i am a little too worried about it and i dont know what i want. Usually i take things 1 step at a time, but im just getting ahead of myself about this lol I have PLENTY of time to decide lol =)

Quoting AlanahsMommy623:

• proudmommyto1
    December 7, 2012 at 12:42 PM

i would wait til there is at least 2 years apart. i wouldnt want them too far apart.

but thats just me.

• mommii1434
    December 7, 2012 at 1:19 PM
    Me and my sister are 4 yrs apart n we never got along till I was about. 16. My kids r 3,4,5. They fight but they get along too. Just depends. Never know until it happens
  • TS9509
    by TS9509
    December 7, 2012 at 1:22 PM
    My sister and I are 3 years apart, we have never got along even to this day. My DH and his brother are 5 years apart and they get along now that they are older.
  • deviljrswifey
    December 7, 2012 at 1:43 PM
    My brother and I use to beat the crape out of each other. 5 years apart and we hats each other. My hubby and I are TTC now. We have a daughter that is 10 months. We are 19 and 21.
  • whitleypittman
    December 7, 2012 at 1:47 PM
    My little step brother and I are three years apart and we get along amazingly. His older brother, who's four months older than me, and him don't get along worth a crap.
  • cemcnair
    December 7, 2012 at 2:51 PM
    Seems like a big gap to me, but it's totally up to you guys!
  • Nicki1995
    December 7, 2012 at 2:54 PM
    If i do have another child, i want to try for VBAC, so my daughter would have to be at least 2 anyway lol

Quoting cemcnair:

Seems like a big gap to me, but it's totally up to you guys!

Young Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN