Young Moms

Featured Posts
melli_karisa
baby blues or depression?
December 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM
honestly joined this group because i feel so alone as of late. all of my "friends" have disappeared since I've become pregnant because they don't have children! i would love some new mommy friends! i always feel so sad and never want to do anything im not sure if its depression or blues or just the fact that i have no one around anymore ]:

Replies

• deviljrswifey
    December 6, 2012 at 10:29 PM
    I couldnt tell you. usually its baby blues and then if its 6 weeks after it can usually be depression. I had bad depression till 6 months after birth.
  • zionbigmoma
    December 6, 2012 at 10:30 PM
    Its just something u are not use to n if your friends disappeared they was never your friends in the first place thats wat i did
  • melli_karisa
    December 6, 2012 at 10:51 PM
    my son is almost 6 months old which is why it's weird I would think i would be used to it by now?
  • noahmommie2012
    December 6, 2012 at 10:54 PM
    hard to say. baby blues different for everyone. the things i said i should never said them. i regret them all the way
  • AlanahsMommy623
    December 7, 2012 at 11:28 AM

friends who dont have children tend to do that unless they really love babies and stuff. they get this idea is their head that "oh well she'll be no fun anymore because now shes got a baby so whats the point of haning out with her" and usually thats when you realize who your real friends are. and looseing all your friends can cause a bit of depression. it did with me. to this day the only friends i have happen to be my older neighbors who have children, i find despite our age difference i have more in common with them than i do with my old friends, and they still like to go out and drink and have fun even though they have kids they just understand that theres a time and place for it. and soooooo much less drama and what i like to call 'Highschool BS" of whos dating who, who slept with who and all that crap.

• eds6619
    by eds6619
    December 7, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Welcome to the group!  I'm sorry that you are depressed.

• melli_karisa
    December 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM
    thank you! im hoping some venting and talking to other moms will help!

Quoting eds6619:

Welcome to the group!  I'm sorry that you are depressed.

• melli_karisa
    December 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM
    exactly! im so glad you understand!

Quoting AlanahsMommy623:

friends who dont have children tend to do that unless they really love babies and stuff. they get this idea is their head that "oh well she'll be no fun anymore because now shes got a baby so whats the point of haning out with her" and usually thats when you realize who your real friends are. and looseing all your friends can cause a bit of depression. it did with me. to this day the only friends i have happen to be my older neighbors who have children, i find despite our age difference i have more in common with them than i do with my old friends, and they still like to go out and drink and have fun even though they have kids they just understand that theres a time and place for it. and soooooo much less drama and what i like to call 'Highschool BS" of whos dating who, who slept with who and all that crap.

• Presley77
    December 7, 2012 at 10:00 PM
    I know how you feel. My friends either dont have kids or they do but they are older than my newborn and they are all busy. I spend most of my time alone at home or at work. I had some serious depression for 6 weeks after my baby was born. Starting to feel better these days but dont want to say Im over it yet and jinx myself!
  • remaining_me
    December 7, 2012 at 10:21 PM
    The text that you're feeling lonely probably isn't helping, but its probably baby blues mostly. If you ever wanna chat feel free to hmu. :)

Young Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts