Young Moms

Blessed_Momma21
Am I alone?
December 6, 2012 at 2:24 AM
Im am 21. I am a mommy of two beautiful boys with another on the way. My husband and I are very blessed! We are obviously very different from those are age in the sense of maturity levels. I struggle with this however because it can be so lonely sometimes! Moms are supposed to have other moms in their lives to share playdates and silly children moments and husband frusterations with! But I cannot find moms my age who have the same standards or moral that I do! We almost NEVER go out and drink and leave our kids with people. We are extremely against drugs and yes this includes marijuana use! If you are a parent you just dont need to be doing certain things! We live very simple loving lives. But what can I do to find a mother with the same perspective as me when it comes to parenthood!? and be able to make friends! Am I the only.one who goes thru this??

Replies

• mommaGof3
    December 6, 2012 at 7:14 AM
    No you're not. Us moms don't come with other mom friends to hang out with. It's actually not the way that works. For some it does but not for all of us. Its not that I cant find people my age who have good morals to do all this stuff with, most of the time we either dont click or they live half way across the country. I have been a stay at home mom now for 5 years and the only play date that I have had is with my sister and my nephew. I have met some other moms in my area but we just have nothing in common.
  • AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    December 6, 2012 at 7:19 AM
    I am 25 with a 5 and 3 yr old. I know exactly how you feel. My husband and I have come to the realization that we just get along with people older than us. Right now our best friends are in their mid 30's.
    The people our age we have tried so hard to plan with are irresponsible, selfish, self absorbed and ignorant.
    Even the ones that have kids just want to party s the time. They never keep plans and always bail at the last minute if they even bother to call at all.
    You are definetely not alone.
  • amonkeymom
    December 6, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Nope, you're not alone.  :)  Welcome to the group!

• miss.wilfred
    December 6, 2012 at 3:25 PM
    All my friends disappeared when I decided to have my son. I have maybe 3 friends left
  • HoneyBug14
    December 6, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Sometimes we just have to deal with finding people older than us. I have never really identified with others my age which lead to lonliness let alone when I got pregnant. But I find that connecting with older people is a lot more comforting even though it can be frustrating knowing you're younger and feel the need to connect with people your age.

• jeremysmom0612
    December 6, 2012 at 9:13 PM

No you are not alone. I am new to this group too.. I am 23, married to a wonderful husband, I have a 6 year old son, and a 9 month old little girl. We lost all of our friends years ago just because we had to grow up and become parents instead of hang with the other people that didnt have any resposibilities. It is nothing to be ashamed of. We have eachother and two healthy and beautiful children. We have no peers amung our age group because of that. We have grew up and our families are our only friends apart from one another. It was and still is rough to have only eachother for support but we get through it. It would be nice to have others to talk to, no doubt about that, but its hard to trust when you have been let down in that area. 

• atadconfused
    December 6, 2012 at 9:20 PM

i think it may be easier to meet other moms when you start sending your kids to school. you could join the PTA or participate in school activities, and then you will be connecting with other parents-as well as getting to watch your children interact with other kids and learning :) good luck finding friends! i'm sure you will.

• Nicki1995
    December 6, 2012 at 9:27 PM
    You arent alone =/ I know EXACTLY what you mean
  • rayroe2
    by rayroe2
    December 6, 2012 at 11:58 PM

I am with you 100%. that is crazy, thats why i come on this site. I am turning 21 dec 29 and have my second baby coming in 10days. I made a good off this website but she is in another state.

• Elayna90
    December 7, 2012 at 12:02 AM
    You aren't alone. I am 22 with 3 kids. Until recently, I didn't have many friends. I have gotten back in touch with some of the girls I went to high school with who have matured and are at a similar place in their lives as me. Unfortunantly, we are scattered all over the country.
    What has helped me the most is having my kids in school. I meet othet moms at the busstop and school functions. Some I click with, some I don't. Many are older but that doesn't really matter at this point. We are all adults and some of us have things in common regardless of age (much to mine and something their suprise).

Young Moms