Young Moms

redbutterfly666
well i guess we're bad parents
November 24, 2012 at 1:05 AM

me and df that is, i just posted thanksgiving pictures on mine and df's facebook and his friend started commenting telling us we should cut our ds's hair, df says "since Liz is the one going to be cutting and trimming vincents hair its up to her, and she wants to let him decide when to cut his hair all off" his friend then says this (im ad libbing because this dude did not know how to type a proper sentence but df told me this is what he was saying) "what? right now is when you are supposed to be influencing him,he's supposed to learn from you guys,he's not going to know your his father if you dont do this, yeah its a small thing but still" i didnt know what to say back to him so i just left it alone but seriously? me and df are bad parents because we dont cut the back of his hair? i trim his bangs out of his eyes but i dont want to cut the back of his hair yet

Replies

• HisMommy4Ever
    November 24, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Okay. Who gives a shit? If you want your baby to have his hair like that then so be it. Don't worry about what other people say. I don't see how that makes you a bad parent. People are stupid nowadays. Yeah he has a lot of hair but he's really cute and as long as you're taking care of him right and you don't beat him or neglect him, a haircut comment should be the least of your worries.

• redbutterfly666
    November 24, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Quoting aidyns_mommy:

DS didn't have much hair until recently. He is 4 1/2 now. He kept saying I don't want to cut it I want it long like mommy. Cute right?

I thought so. Until my step dad looked at me & said he is FOUR he has plenty us say in many things for the rest of his life. YOU are responsible for these decisions. ( he has 4 boys btw) & he is so RIGHT!

DS loved his trimmed & said he was handsome:)

my grandma kept saying stuff about ds's hair until we left this morning lol but my grandma even admitted that she didnt get my dads hair cut until kindergarten, ill more then likely trim his hair before he starts school but i think he looks cute right now with long hair

• whitneymf
    November 24, 2012 at 1:32 AM
    It doesn't even make sense to me lol people are just rude.

Quoting redbutterfly666:

Quoting whitneymf:

I see where you are coming from but you also Dont want people making mean comments! I Dont want to cut my boys hair but I'm going to have to because I Dont want people telling me he looks like a girl or something but I know I'm going to cry during his first hair cut.

Quoting redbutterfly666:

Quoting whitneymf:

I think he has very nice beautiful color hair. Maybe when it gets a tiny bit longer lol knowing me I would cry the whole time I cut his hair!!! I'm going to hate my sons first hair cut!

i just want him to decide for himself if he wants his hair cut or not, i mean like i said i trim up his bangs when they get long but i dont wanna cut the back yet >.<

i really dont mind the comments, just this one saying ds wont know df is his dad because we dont want to cut the back of his hair kinda rubbed me the wrong way O.o you know?

• redbutterfly666
    November 24, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Quoting HisMommy4Ever:

Okay. Who gives a shit? If you want your baby to have his hair like that then so be it. Don't worry about what other people say. I don't see how that makes you a bad parent. People are stupid nowadays. Yeah he has a lot of hair but he's really cute and as long as you're taking care of him right and you don't beat him or neglect him, a haircut comment should be the least of your worries.

it was more of the fact that the guy said ds isnt going to see df as his dad because we wont cut his hair that bugged me, i could care less about the other stuff 

• redbutterfly666
    November 24, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Quoting whitneymf:

Quoting redbutterfly666:

Quoting whitneymf:

I see where you are coming from but you also Dont want people making mean comments! I Dont want to cut my boys hair but I'm going to have to because I Dont want people telling me he looks like a girl or something but I know I'm going to cry during his first hair cut.

Quoting redbutterfly666:

Quoting whitneymf:

I think he has very nice beautiful color hair. Maybe when it gets a tiny bit longer lol knowing me I would cry the whole time I cut his hair!!! I'm going to hate my sons first hair cut!

i just want him to decide for himself if he wants his hair cut or not, i mean like i said i trim up his bangs when they get long but i dont wanna cut the back yet >.<

i really dont mind the comments, just this one saying ds wont know df is his dad because we dont want to cut the back of his hair kinda rubbed me the wrong way O.o you know?

it doesnt make much sense to me either lol it still rubbed me the wrong way though

• HisMommy4Ever
    November 24, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Quoting redbutterfly666:

Quoting HisMommy4Ever:

it was more of the fact that the guy said ds isnt going to see df as his dad because we wont cut his hair that bugged me, i could care less about the other stuff 

Yeah that too....did he say anything back? It buggs me too when people try and tell me how to raise my kid or that my kid will be this and this cuz I don't discipline him or I don't do this....It's stupid and I hate people like that. I never tell people how to raise their kids or tell them my opinion. It's just rude. And I get what you're saying.

• redbutterfly666
    November 24, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Quoting HisMommy4Ever:

Quoting redbutterfly666:

Quoting HisMommy4Ever:

Yeah that too....did he say anything back? It buggs me too when people try and tell me how to raise my kid or that my kid will be this and this cuz I don't discipline him or I don't do this....It's stupid and I hate people like that. I never tell people how to raise their kids or tell them my opinion. It's just rude. And I get what you're saying.

all he said was "sorry if i offended you guys i didnt mean to" and then went on to say how ds isnt going to know anything if we dont teach him now blah blah blah....df is saying something to him right now since im to tired to argue with this guy >.<

• mommaGof3
    November 24, 2012 at 1:47 AM
    You know what sweetie. Screw them! You are a wonderful mother. Who cares if he has long hair. Your son will know who his father is long hair or not!

Does this "friend" have kids?
  • redbutterfly666
    November 24, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Quoting mommaGof3:

You know what sweetie. Screw them! You are a wonderful mother. Who cares if he has long hair. Your son will know who his father is long hair or not!

Does this "friend" have kids?

he has "a bunch of young cousins" 

and im gonna toot my own horn a little but i am a good mom, as good as i can be, he's fed he has everything he needs and more and just this one little thing doesnt change that

• whitneymf
    November 24, 2012 at 2:11 AM
    Tottaly understandable! He is very her cute though I love his cheeks!

Quoting redbutterfly666:

Quoting whitneymf:

Quoting redbutterfly666:

Quoting whitneymf:

Quoting redbutterfly666:

Quoting whitneymf:

it doesnt make much sense to me either lol it still rubbed me the wrong way though

Young Moms