Young Moms

Featured Posts
aurorabear
Niece fell from 3rd story window
November 21, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Hey moms,

My 3 year old niece opend and fell through the screen of a 3rd floor window today. It was terrifying. She is alive and suffered a spine fractured and few other things involving her lungs. But I CAN NOT begin to express to you to get child locks on your windows. A lot of children end up with brain damage, coma and death. It is more common then I even know. What a little mircle we were given today. 

<3

Replies

• Ollysmama08
    November 21, 2012 at 7:38 AM

how scary!! im glad she is okay!! wishing for a speedy recovery for her!

• cemcnair
    November 21, 2012 at 7:39 AM
    :( that is so scary!!! Hugs!!!
  • ProudMommy51006
    November 21, 2012 at 10:17 AM
    Thank you for bringing awareness! I'm sorry for the circumstance!
  • mommaGof3
    November 21, 2012 at 10:25 AM
    Omg! That is terrifying! I am glad she is ok and it wasn't worse.
  • alexandra4
    November 21, 2012 at 1:20 PM

wow glad shes okay. it is super common.. I live on the 3rd floor aswell, my windows can "lock" part way open so my 3 year old couldnt fit, and cant open anymore. its ALWAYS on my mind when hes looking out the window.. scary

• mamaistheword87
    November 21, 2012 at 1:22 PM
    I don't understand how this is common. What kinds of windows do most have? Are they already open?

Sorry about the accident; Praise God she's alive
  • alexandra4
    November 21, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Quoting mamaistheword87:

I don't understand how this is common. What kinds of windows do most have? Are they already open?

Sorry about the accident; Praise God she's alive

Storys I hear in BC are usually in the summer, and people leave their windows open.

• Chillisarah
    November 21, 2012 at 1:54 PM

That is scary, hope she has a speedy recovery.

• mom2ljh
    by mom2ljh
    November 21, 2012 at 1:57 PM
    Is she going to be ok? A spinal fracture can be quite serious. ((Hugs)) I'm glad she survived the fall.
  • aurorabear
    November 30, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Thanks everyone! She is home now and on the mend. She is doing really well and expected to have a full recovery. 

And it is VERY common for it to happen. Kids can open windows. Its terrible. 

Young Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts