Young Moms

MommaPeyton622
To be honest... I'm really scared.
November 19, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Feburary is getting closer and closer and I am getting really scared. For a while here I felt like we were so prepared for this baby, but now, I'm not so sure. I remember bringing Aria home from the hospital and not knowing what in the hell we were doing. It took us forever to figure out. And that was only a year ago. And now we're bringing Avery into the world and I feel so unprepared. How am I going to handle a 16 month old and a newborn? I can barely handle Aria. Lately she's been such a little handful. 

Anyone else have kids close in age that want to give me some reassurance? 

Replies

• mommaGof3
    November 19, 2012 at 11:42 PM
    It'll be ok sweetie. It will take some adjusting but you can do it. Keeping some what of a schedule helps. It doesn't have to be super strict or anything but one does help. I have 4 kids and 3 of them are very close on age.
  • MommaPeyton622
    November 19, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Usually we have a very tight schedule. But Aria has been sick and Austins work schedule changed and its thrown us all off. Aria used to nap from 11:30-1:00 every day and now she won't nap at all. It's just getting out of hand haha

Quoting mommaGof3:

It'll be ok sweetie. It will take some adjusting but you can do it. Keeping some what of a schedule helps. It doesn't have to be super strict or anything but one does help. I have 4 kids and 3 of them are very close on age.

• LoveMyTiny
    November 19, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I know how you feel, my son Oliver is 16 months old and I'm expecting twins in February I hear the first 6 months are the hardest though, so make it through tat and get a schedule down, we should be alright

• mommaGof3
    November 20, 2012 at 8:03 AM
    Lol. I know how that goes!

Quoting MommaPeyton622:

Usually we have a very tight schedule. But Aria has been sick and Austins work schedule changed and its thrown us all off. Aria used to nap from 11:30-1:00 every day and now she won't nap at all. It's just getting out of hand haha

Quoting mommaGof3:

• mommaGof3
    November 20, 2012 at 8:06 AM
    Oh my goodness twins! My mom had twins about the same age length apart from me. I never knew and still don't know how she did it. Do you know what you having yet? Boys, girls, boy and girl?

Quoting LoveMyTiny:

I know how you feel, my son Oliver is 16 months old and I'm expecting twins in February I hear the first 6 months are the hardest though, so make it through tat and get a schedule down, we should be alright

• LoveMyTiny
    November 20, 2012 at 11:08 AM

A boy and a girl, my biggest worries are A. my son Oliver will feel ignored or left out. and B. He'll unknowingly (or knowingly) hurt them :(

Quoting mommaGof3:

Oh my goodness twins! My mom had twins about the same age length apart from me. I never knew and still don't know how she did it. Do you know what you having yet? Boys, girls, boy and girl?

Quoting LoveMyTiny:

• mommaGof3
    November 20, 2012 at 11:11 AM
    I am sure everything will be ok. Of course there will be an adjustment period but it will all be ok. You're a great mom so I am sure you make sure that Oliver doesn't feel left out.

Quoting LoveMyTiny:

A boy and a girl, my biggest worries are A. my son Oliver will feel ignored or left out. and B. He'll unknowingly (or knowingly) hurt them :(

Quoting mommaGof3:

Quoting LoveMyTiny:

• notjstanothrmom
    November 20, 2012 at 11:13 AM
    I've been planning the addition of our third child for 3 years now. I'm finally pregnant and sometimes its really scary the elements that will be brought but all in all I know I'll be fine... you will be too.
  • RochelleLynn
    November 20, 2012 at 12:04 PM

you'll adjust just fine, I myself am having a hard time with worrying if I will be able to handle my 3rd.. it does get scary but I've noticed after each baby, everything settles into place. goodluck!

• cemcnair
    November 20, 2012 at 12:25 PM
    I'm terrified too! I'm due in March with #2. My DS will be 2 1/2. He loves babies, but I'm not sure how he will do with our own baby. I worry how I'll handle two!

Young Moms