Young Moms

Featured Posts
Slayton723
(Piog)Feeling selfish but don't know what else to do....
November 15, 2012 at 2:39 AM
I originally posted this in the depression group but apparently it's pretty dead....so sorry if this is depressing....

I'm 39 weeks pregnant with my first child, a baby girl. I'm 22 and married but we live with my parents. My dh is 26, has health issues physical and mental. I suffer from depression as well. I've been on zoloft since before I got pregnant and had it approved by both my doctors to continue it throughout my pregnancy. Now here is my issue, I'm not sleeping at all cause I can't get comfortable. I hurt all over, I've only slept 2 hours in over 30 hrs and its making my depression worse. My doc prescribed ambien but it doesn't keep me asleep, just makes me even more tired. Even taking it I only get 3 hours of sleep at most. My doctor told me a few weeks ago that I was the perfect candidate for induction if it came to it. I'm dialated to a 2 and 75% as of monday. I have an apt at 1130, tomorrow morning and dh and I decided to talk to her about inducing me. People keep telling me I'm being selfish, that she'll come when she's ready, but I don't know if I can take much more. I've already tried all natural ways of induction, even castro oil. I know with her here I'll still get little sleep but at least I could get comfortable and sleep while she slept. 3 hours off and on would be better than 2 hours in over 30 hrs....please tell me I'm not being selfish.....:/

Replies

• .stella.
    November 15, 2012 at 2:43 AM
    You're not being selfish. A tired mommy wont be able to care for her baby as needed. You're not even tired, you sound exhausted!
  • lillokita
    November 15, 2012 at 2:54 AM
    Not selfish at all I would also advise an epidural so you can get some rest while you labor if you can get one. Ive never had one but labor is so exhausting going into it without rest sounds awful! My last dd I probably got 1-2 hours of sleep that night 4 hours of labor and I was DONE! lol You've come this far if between you, your SO, and your doc this is the best choice than go for it!
  • Hanab818
    November 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM
    Not selfish at all. How can you care for a newborn when you haven't gotten any sleep! Do what's best for your family and screw what others are telling you.
  • cemcnair
    November 15, 2012 at 12:46 PM
    Check your Bishop Score before you agree to an induction. Inductions frequently lead to Csections. Is that something you are prepared for?
    It won't last forever, she will be born soon. Hang in there!
  • Nicki1995
    November 15, 2012 at 12:54 PM
    Honestly, i wouldnt do it. My daughter was in the birth canal at 37 weeks. I got induced at 38 weeks and dialated 2 cm in 2 days. Had to get a csection. It was a really hard recovery process. I am still healing from it. It takes 2 years for your body to completely heal so you can have vaginal birth the next time around IF YOU ARE LUCKY. I have to wait at least another year and a half until i can get pregnant again =(
  • ProudMommy51006
    November 15, 2012 at 1:03 PM
    Yes, you are being selfish imo. I kmow you are ready to be done. We ALL get to that point, it's not just you. Your ending of your pregnancy sounds pretty normal. Let the baby come. When she is ready. You've made it this far. Sorry if this is harsh, but it's not about just you anymore. It's about the baby and what is best for her.
  • Slayton723
    November 15, 2012 at 1:50 PM
    Doesn't matter now it's not happening.

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

Yes, you are being selfish imo. I kmow you are ready to be done. We ALL get to that point, it's not just you. Your ending of your pregnancy sounds pretty normal. Let the baby come. When she is ready. You've made it this far. Sorry if this is harsh, but it's not about just you anymore. It's about the baby and what is best for her.

• Nicki1995
    November 15, 2012 at 2:02 PM
    I didnt want my pregnancy to end! Lol I LOVED it. I never got uncomfortable or had problems sleeping either though. Her kicking and hiccups and moving helped me sleep

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

• ProudMommy51006
    November 15, 2012 at 2:54 PM
    Lol!!! Ok there is the exception. My mom was like you. But everyone else was miserable lol

Quoting Nicki1995:

I didnt want my pregnancy to end! Lol I LOVED it. I never got uncomfortable or had problems sleeping either though. Her kicking and hiccups and moving helped me sleep

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

• Nicki1995
    November 15, 2012 at 2:59 PM
    Lol! Everyone told me they were uncomfortable their whole pregnancy and i couldnt understand why. The only bad thing for me was morning sickness the entire time except the last 2 weeks. I hope i stay lucky when i have my next 1 in a few years! Lol

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

Lol!!! Ok there is the exception. My mom was like you. But everyone else was miserable lol

Quoting Nicki1995:

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

Young Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN