Young Moms

Slayton723
(Piog)Feeling selfish but don't know what else to do....
November 15, 2012 at 2:39 AM
I originally posted this in the depression group but apparently it's pretty dead....so sorry if this is depressing....

I'm 39 weeks pregnant with my first child, a baby girl. I'm 22 and married but we live with my parents. My dh is 26, has health issues physical and mental. I suffer from depression as well. I've been on zoloft since before I got pregnant and had it approved by both my doctors to continue it throughout my pregnancy. Now here is my issue, I'm not sleeping at all cause I can't get comfortable. I hurt all over, I've only slept 2 hours in over 30 hrs and its making my depression worse. My doc prescribed ambien but it doesn't keep me asleep, just makes me even more tired. Even taking it I only get 3 hours of sleep at most. My doctor told me a few weeks ago that I was the perfect candidate for induction if it came to it. I'm dialated to a 2 and 75% as of monday. I have an apt at 1130, tomorrow morning and dh and I decided to talk to her about inducing me. People keep telling me I'm being selfish, that she'll come when she's ready, but I don't know if I can take much more. I've already tried all natural ways of induction, even castro oil. I know with her here I'll still get little sleep but at least I could get comfortable and sleep while she slept. 3 hours off and on would be better than 2 hours in over 30 hrs....please tell me I'm not being selfish.....:/

Replies

• Mel0dy
    by Mel0dy
    November 16, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I don't think you are selfish but it's not something I would want to do. I would feel alot better knowing my baby is getting cooked up asmuch as possable before she comes. 

Young Moms