Young Moms

Featured Posts
Bree613
Does any one else find it hard....
by Bree613
October 20, 2012 at 2:22 PM

to find young mothers in your area that aren't still mentally in high school? I am 23 years old with a beautiful 4 year old boy, moved into the area about 3 years ago. Because i was a sahm for quite some time, i knew no one besides my SO and my DS. Then i found a few moms my age later down the road and soon came to realize that having a child did not in fact make them realize that the things they did before the child was born-were not OK anymore. (if that makes sense) One was doing drugs, another was promiscuous (who i felt bad for, but i don't think its okay to bring a different guy into your childs life every other week, if you're going to have fun, don't involve your childs feelings *my opinion*.) Anyway, so now i am back to square one when it comes to friends-let alone friends who have children...its really frustrating and it can feel lonely at times. Has anyone else been in the same situation?

Replies

• armyvet06
    October 20, 2012 at 2:25 PM
    I know a few girls that like to go out and party quite often after we vet released from class in the evening. They all have kids under the age of 5
  • luvmybug
    October 20, 2012 at 2:27 PM

yes. it is hard to find moms that don't "grow up". 

• diamondcupcake
    October 20, 2012 at 2:29 PM

umm well im a young 20 to be exact lol so all my friends are basically outta high school or in college but i would like to have more mom friends with babies my age would be cool...and i agree with everything you said

• Bree613
    by Bree613
    October 20, 2012 at 2:30 PM

See, i don't find a problem in going out and having a good time every once in a while. I think that is actually good for young mothers to do- but if they are getting waisted, f***ed up on drugs, sleeping around-etc and coming home to their kids, or doing these things around their kids- then i think there's a problem. I just would love to find young mothers in my area- or just ones to talk to- that put their kids first, and their hope to re-gain their teenage years behind. (if that makes sense) After i had gotten pregnant- everything i used to do got dropped. Mentally having a child has matured me, and i think its for the best. I don't feel like years have been lost, or feel regret of having a child young at all- and some of these young moms around here feel that way- which i find sad.  

Quoting armyvet06:

I know a few girls that like to go out and party quite often after we vet released from class in the evening. They all have kids under the age of 5

• armyvet06
    October 20, 2012 at 2:36 PM
    Yea these girls go out every week and they do drugs. Not sure if they do it around the kids. My partying days are pretty much non existant anymore. I do go out sometimes and have maybe 2 drinks at the max.

Quoting Bree613:

See, i don't find a problem in going out and having a good time every once in a while. I think that is actually good for young mothers to do- but if they are getting waisted, f***ed up on drugs, sleeping around-etc and coming home to their kids, or doing these things around their kids- then i think there's a problem. I just would love to find young mothers in my area- or just ones to talk to- that put their kids first, and their hope to re-gain their teenage years behind. (if that makes sense) After i had gotten pregnant- everything i used to do got dropped. Mentally having a child has matured me, and i think its for the best. I don't feel like years have been lost, or feel regret of having a child young at all- and some of these young moms around here feel that way- which i find sad.  

Quoting armyvet06:

• Bree613
    by Bree613
    October 20, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Too hard. I dont know how one doesnt 'grow up' the instant they feel that baby kicking! I wish there were more moms out there that put their kids first, and their longing to get that 'young life-style' back down the drain. 

Quoting luvmybug:

• Bree613
    by Bree613
    October 20, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Yea, i do the same. I have completely separated myself from almost EVERYONE in this area, I mean if i was back in Jersey, I'd have more than a few friends that have grown up mentally kwim? But living in a new area- new state- clear across the country-- with no family, support system (besides my SO), old friends etc- its really lonely. 

Quoting armyvet06:

Yea these girls go out every week and they do drugs. Not sure if they do it around the kids. My partying days are pretty much non existant anymore. I do go out sometimes and have maybe 2 drinks at the max.

Quoting Bree613:

Quoting armyvet06:

• armyvet06
    October 20, 2012 at 2:43 PM
    I know the feeling. I moved from arizona to florida just a few months ago with my dad so other than a few family members i have no one.

Quoting Bree613:

Yea, i do the same. I have completely separated myself from almost EVERYONE in this area, I mean if i was back in Jersey, I'd have more than a few friends that have grown up mentally kwim? But living in a new area- new state- clear across the country-- with no family, support system (besides my SO), old friends etc- its really lonely. 

Quoting armyvet06:

Quoting Bree613:

Quoting armyvet06:

• luvmybug
    October 20, 2012 at 2:47 PM

i don't understand it either. some young moms give us young moms a really bad name. 

Quoting Bree613:

Too hard. I dont know how one doesnt 'grow up' the instant they feel that baby kicking! I wish there were more moms out there that put their kids first, and their longing to get that 'young life-style' back down the drain. 

Quoting luvmybug:

• Bree613
    by Bree613
    October 20, 2012 at 2:49 PM

too true =\

Quoting luvmybug:

i don't understand it either. some young moms give us young moms a really bad name. 

Quoting Bree613:

Quoting luvmybug:

Young Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts