Young Moms

lizjones
My nerves are shot..
October 9, 2012 at 8:36 AM
I have been a stay at home mom with my son since day one, aside from a few short term jobs, and he is now 15 months old. I just got a job at a restaurant as a server and I have worked in many restaurants but not serving. I haven't worked in months and I'm getting ready to go in for my firat day right now. I am so nervous and anxious and I'm freaking out. I have friends who work there and I know one of the managers but I'm still insanely nervous. I'm also iffy on leaving my son home without me. I mean he's going to be with his father, and he's a great dad, but I've always been the one taking care of him so its just nerve wracking. I'm freaking out so bad right now about going to work that my nerves are shot and I feel like I'm going to puke. I need this job so bad and I don't want to mess it up :/

Replies

• cemcnair
    October 9, 2012 at 8:57 AM
    You can do this!!
  • lizjones
    October 9, 2012 at 9:14 AM
    Thank you! Any words or encouragement really do help.
    And its a place basically based on looks, like you have to wear your hair dwn, makeup is a must, and you always have to look your best. (Its a regular restaurant, not like hooters or anything, but they're known for having an attractive wait-staff.) And because I've been stressing so much lately I have a frw blemishes that are now healing and red and I don't have my usual make up and the kind I do have doesn't cover up anything so I'm worried about looking like crap :/

Quoting cemcnair:

You can do this!!

• cemcnair
    October 9, 2012 at 9:59 AM
    No matter what age your baby, it's hard to leave them the first time.
    I'm sure you will both do great!

Quoting lizjones:

And its a place basically based on looks, like you have to wear your hair dwn, makeup is a must, and you always have to look your best. (Its a regular restaurant, not like hooters or anything, but they're known for having an attractive wait-staff.) And because I've been stressing so much lately I have a frw blemishes that are now healing and red and I don't have my usual make up and the kind I do have doesn't cover up anything so I'm worried about looking like crap :/

Quoting cemcnair:

You can do this!!

• KaroGreenly
    October 9, 2012 at 11:22 AM
    I hope you're having an awesome first day!
  • lizjones
    October 9, 2012 at 3:53 PM
    Thanks! I just got home and my son is napping so I can't wait for him to wake up :) but I had a great first day :)

Quoting cemcnair:

No matter what age your baby, it's hard to leave them the first time.

I'm sure you will both do great!

Quoting lizjones:

Quoting cemcnair:

You can do this!!

• lizjones
    October 9, 2012 at 3:54 PM
    Thank you! I just got home and work went really well. I took a table and made a few bucks in tips, it was great :)

Quoting KaroGreenly:

I hope you're having an awesome first day!

• JayBearsmomma
    October 9, 2012 at 4:05 PM
    Ur not alone. try and be thankful that u have a job rite now i would give anything for one
  • lizjones
    October 9, 2012 at 4:15 PM
    I am very thankful that I have a job, I was just nervous to screw it up because I know my family and I need it.

Quoting JayBearsmomma:

Ur not alone. try and be thankful that u have a job rite now i would give anything for one

Young Moms