Young Moms

Featured Posts
Cafe AmyS
How do you sooth your baby when he is crying?
October 8, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I saw this in The Stir - What calms your little one?

5 Bizarre Ways to Soothe a Crying Baby 

Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber on October 8, 2012 

baby cryingEvery mom knows that their baby is an individual. What one baby likes, another one hates. I remember everyone telling me I had to buy a swing for my daughter after she was first born, because, in some infant circles, swings are where it's at. Yeah, not in my house. Within five seconds of putting my newborn in a swing, she screamed. So, it was a good thing I only borrowed it.

In the spirit of highlighting babies' individuality -- and of having a nice morning laugh -- here are five videos of babies being soothed to the oddest things ever -- starting with ... The Nanny. Not, like, the person who watches the baby while her parents are at work, the Fran Drescher show, The Nanny.

To each their own, right?

Watch as this fussing cutie pie is instantaneously quelled by the theme song from the '90s sitcom. I mean, seriously?

And then, just last week, there was baby Benjamin -- who is so freaking cute I can't stand it! -- who would only stop fussing, and start eating, when everybody's favorite Internet sensation, "Gangnam Style," was playing.

And then there was the little one whose cries could only be quelled by the theme to Star Wars.

And here's one of my personal favorites, the baby who can only be soothed with Notorious B.I.G.

And finally, there's the baby's soul who could only be satisfied with Bob Marley's "Buffalo Soldier." Ya mon!

What soothes your baby?

Replies

• JustussMother
    October 12, 2012 at 12:26 AM
    When my son was a baby I had to turn the fan on for him to calm down and he liked Michael Jackson song "billie Jean"
  • Rydersmommy178
    October 12, 2012 at 12:29 AM
    my two year old will go to sleep by the time the song "my immortal" by evanescence is over.

my 5 months insists he fall asleep to "red tail lights" by hinder, followed by "Indian outlaw" by tim McGraw. it's kinda funny.
  • Lorelai_Nicole
    October 12, 2012 at 12:31 AM
    I sing to them. Country music also works well.
  • heatherd09
    October 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM

My baby isn't born yet, but these videos are too cute!

• dandeli0nwishes
    October 12, 2012 at 7:15 AM

If you do the rhythmic shh noises starting from day 1 it still works 3 years laster =) I rub his back & speak softly, but honestly he's always been a very happy or very upset kind of baby.

Young Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts