Young Moms

Featured Posts
ILuvMyBaby1012
Denied assistance
October 7, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Hi, My name's Nisha. I'm a single, teen mom of a toddler. I have been denied goverment assistance because of my employment. Even though I work at a university, I only make minimum wage. I have rent, bills, baby necessities, and a sick parent that I have to worry about. And to make matters worse, my job is only temporary. I get laid off in December. I am in the process of finding a permanent position in the university but as of right now I can use all the help I can get. Does anyone know of any programs that help single or teen moms with stuff like kid's necessities or food? Anything would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• lizjones
    October 7, 2012 at 7:22 PM
    Reapply again. When they talk to you, explain every single detail about your situation. Even though you're working, you're not making enough for everything right now. I don't see why they'd deny you.
  • amonkeymom
    October 7, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Did they advise you as to why you were denied (maybe if you live with your parents, etc)?

I'd appeal and try again for sure.

• BeachMama05
    October 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

im sorry hun! I would go and talk with them and reapply

• jj_bmom
    by jj_bmom
    October 8, 2012 at 9:05 AM
    Local churches can be a BIG help with things like food and baby items. And if they can't help they usually know of places that can
  • cemcnair
    October 8, 2012 at 9:26 AM
    You need to reapply! Many people are denied at first.
    And I agree, check with churches or the Salvation Army. Hugs!!
  • mommaGof3
    October 8, 2012 at 9:28 AM
    You can always appeal it or apply again. Also check out angelfoodministeries.com. They sell huge boxes of food for cheap. They do it once a month but they give you a ton of food.
  • mommaGof3
    October 8, 2012 at 9:31 AM
    Ok scratch that. They closed down :-(

Quoting mommaGof3:

You can always appeal it or apply again. Also check out angelfoodministeries.com. They sell huge boxes of food for cheap. They do it once a month but they give you a ton of food.

Young Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
There are no posts to display.
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN