Young Moms

Featured Posts
ILuvMyBaby1012
Denied assistance
October 7, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Hi, My name's Nisha. I'm a single, teen mom of a toddler. I have been denied goverment assistance because of my employment. Even though I work at a university, I only make minimum wage. I have rent, bills, baby necessities, and a sick parent that I have to worry about. And to make matters worse, my job is only temporary. I get laid off in December. I am in the process of finding a permanent position in the university but as of right now I can use all the help I can get. Does anyone know of any programs that help single or teen moms with stuff like kid's necessities or food? Anything would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• lizjones
    October 7, 2012 at 7:22 PM
    Reapply again. When they talk to you, explain every single detail about your situation. Even though you're working, you're not making enough for everything right now. I don't see why they'd deny you.
  • amonkeymom
    October 7, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Did they advise you as to why you were denied (maybe if you live with your parents, etc)?

I'd appeal and try again for sure.

• BeachMama05
    October 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

im sorry hun! I would go and talk with them and reapply

• jj_bmom
    by jj_bmom
    October 8, 2012 at 9:05 AM
    Local churches can be a BIG help with things like food and baby items. And if they can't help they usually know of places that can
  • cemcnair
    October 8, 2012 at 9:26 AM
    You need to reapply! Many people are denied at first.
    And I agree, check with churches or the Salvation Army. Hugs!!
  • mommaGof3
    October 8, 2012 at 9:28 AM
    You can always appeal it or apply again. Also check out angelfoodministeries.com. They sell huge boxes of food for cheap. They do it once a month but they give you a ton of food.
  • mommaGof3
    October 8, 2012 at 9:31 AM
    Ok scratch that. They closed down :-(

Quoting mommaGof3:

You can always appeal it or apply again. Also check out angelfoodministeries.com. They sell huge boxes of food for cheap. They do it once a month but they give you a ton of food.

Young Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts