TTC - Trying to Conceive

Featured Posts
ttcishardtodo
First period in 2 years with PCOS
February 5, 2014 at 11:18 PM
I have PCOS. My husband and I started trying 2 years ago, I never had a period without the use of Provera. Never had any luck with clomid either. The last time I took provera was in November. Well feb 2 I started my period on my own! First time in 2 years!! I was thrilled! But I had kinda given up, it had been just too discourging knowing nothing was ever going to happen, until my body did this. Now, I am completely and totally consumed with trying to get pregnant again. I know in my heart it isn't going to happen, and I know i'm setting myself up for a heart break since I can't stop obsessing over it. My husband keeps asking when we get to baby dance, and I don't know how I'm going to be able to look him in the eye when it doesn't happen. It takes so much out of you when everything is always negative. But I guess I would just like to know, if anyone with PCOS has went that long without a period, then it show back up without any meds and then get pregnant?

Replies

• NoraDun
    by NoraDun
    February 5, 2014 at 11:47 PM
    I am sorry Hun I know how frustrating it can be. I hope you start ovulating soon so that trying becomes easier!
  • Ma2Liam
    by Ma2Liam
    February 6, 2014 at 12:42 AM
    When dh and I were first married I hadn't had a period in over a year. After another year I had a period spontaneously in sept then October and ended up pregnant. We did not try at all, weren't even thinking about it at the time.
    So it was over 2 years with no period and ended up pregnant with out trying.
  • vkp23
    by vkp23
    February 6, 2014 at 2:01 AM

I have pcos and three kids (4 pregnancies but this last one is a chemical. Started bleeding tonight). Anyway, docs refused to help me at all so it is possible. Before my son was born I kinda had the opposite problem. Yes I had very long times between periods but once I got my period I would bleed for like 2-5 weeks straight!  And then no period for 5-8 weeks. I do think it's true though that having a natural birth though can kind of kick start your system back to normal. My first two were c-sections. After each section my pcos got worse and I was so confused why it was getting worse when I had heard having a baby was supposed to make it better. When I got pregnant with my son I was determined to have a vaginal birth (unrelated to the pcos though ) went to a doc 2 hours from me who would let me have a natural birth after 2 c-sections. I went into labor naturally and everything. After giving birth it was like a botton was pressed and I have never been more normal in my life. My cycles are still off but closer to normal than ever. And this time it only took 6 months of ttc to get a BFP  though like I said it's a chemical but we believe that that was due to the egg probly being fertilized with sperm that had been sitting around in my tubes for 4 days so they were old. Good luck Hun!  I hope you get a BFP soon!  Baby dust!  

TTC - Trying to Conceive

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts