TTC - Trying to Conceive

nikkifam5
really mad at my cousin!
January 31, 2013 at 8:17 AM
My cousin ( well 2nd cousin ) is great. I love her to death. But she can be very obnoxious. I won't go into detail, for it would take all night. But yesterday I had enough. We have 4 children . Our youngest is going to be 4 weeks on Monday. He took much much MUCH longer to conceive then our other 3. In fact we had decided to give up on TTC when I found out I was pregnant.. so naturally I'm already thinking about baby #5. I have to wait longer due to an emergency c section . But non then less I want one more or two..I want a big family. I come from a bug family.. anyway I've been having issues with my mom lately and my cousin called me last night to check on me. She all of a sudden switches over to then fact that I want to conceive again. And that a big family isn't going to give me what I need from my mom. And that my kids might grow up and some may not get along. And a big family won't keep my marriage together ( we had a big bump in the road 3 years ago and mind you haven't had but a minor disagreement since ) and that a big family isn't always what you see on TV.. umm where the hell did all this come from???? I was livid! Then she said It.. " why didn't you just tie your tubes. Four kids is enough for anyone"... I was Bout to blow my top!.. how dare you.. you can't tell someone when enough is enough! I was appauld. And confused being she is one of six siblings herself and her sister has 6 kids whom she loves dearly!.. sorry I neeed to vent!. It took us so long to have our last child that it made me realize how blessed we are to have him here and that I want to continue to add more blessings if its in gods plan :)

Replies

• MrsWhite101610
    January 31, 2013 at 8:22 AM
    That's crazy. We only have one child. She'll be 3 in a couple weeks...anyway she told my father she wants a sister and he told her she didn't need a sister. It broke my heart because we've been TTC for 14 months but no one really knows. So I understand how you feel.
  • nikkifam5
    January 31, 2013 at 8:31 AM
    I hate when The people who should support you are the ones who turn their back on you!

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

That's crazy. We only have one child. She'll be 3 in a couple weeks...anyway she told my father she wants a sister and he told her she didn't need a sister. It broke my heart because we've been TTC for 14 months but no one really knows. So I understand how you feel.
  • MrsWhite101610
    January 31, 2013 at 8:36 AM
    I think my father thinks because he had 2 girls and me and my sister each have a girl its enough.

Quoting nikkifam5:

I hate when The people who should support you are the ones who turn their back on you!

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

• ShellBeth
    January 31, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I would be mad too! Noone has the right to tell you that you dont need any more kids (except maybe a judge - did anyone read that story where the women's parole would get revoked if she got pregnant again). If you can financially and emotionally handle 10 kids - hell - have 10 kids! That decision is only up to you and your SO.

• ShellBeth
    January 31, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Oh - I should also add that my MIL made a comment to DH before DS2 was born about how we only needed one child because that is all she had and it was wonderful to direct all her attention to one person. After DH told her about DS2 she said "so I guess  you didnt listen to my advise". Bitch.

• amy31308
    January 31, 2013 at 8:41 AM
    Many people just dont get it. If you n your dh want another then have another. Just ignore her.
  • nikkifam5
    January 31, 2013 at 8:43 AM
    I didn't see the woman but there was a man here ordered not to have any more kids. His layer is appealing it saying its his god given right and the judge can't order that..he's like 50,000 behind in child support.

Quoting ShellBeth:

I would be mad too! Noone has the right to tell you that you dont need any more kids (except maybe a judge - did anyone read that story where the women's parole would get revoked if she got pregnant again). If you can financially and emotionally handle 10 kids - hell - have 10 kids! That decision is only up to you and your SO.

• nikkifam5
    January 31, 2013 at 8:44 AM
    Lol better then my mother's reaction to baby #4. Which was " ugh, again?".. thanks mommy!

Quoting ShellBeth:

Oh - I should also add that my MIL made a comment to DH before DS2 was born about how we only needed one child because that is all she had and it was wonderful to direct all her attention to one person. After DH told her about DS2 she said "so I guess  you didnt listen to my advise". Bitch.

• nikkifam5
    January 31, 2013 at 8:45 AM
    That's how I feel. We can afford one even maybe two more.we don't ask anyone for anything so I don't know where they think they can have a say.

Quoting amy31308:

Many people just dont get it. If you n your dh want another then have another. Just ignore her.
  • PerfectVirgo
    January 31, 2013 at 8:48 AM

people usually project onto others what they need to be saying to themselves. ...   so just take what she told you and see if it fits if you were to say it to her. Most likely it does.

TTC - Trying to Conceive