TTC - Trying to Conceive

Featured Posts
Bero2007
Ugh. Just talked to the nurse
January 30, 2013 at 2:39 PM

We can't start the injectables next cycle because it's not enough time to get it through my insurance and delivered and take the classes on mixing the drugs myself. So another round of Femara with IUI is on the way. Also I can expect AF to be several more days because my progesterone was so high. Sigh. She told me that I should be cautiously optomistic that I could still be pregnant. I just wanted to be like lady I've never felt less pregnant in my life. So no hope here on my end.

Replies

• GwenMB
    by GwenMB
    January 30, 2013 at 2:51 PM

SO AF hasn't started yet? You are definitely still in if it hasn't started. Not all pregnancies are the same & many women have no symptoms until long after the BFP.

Why are you moving on to injectables? Are they more successful usually? Do you know anything about the risk of multiples with them?

I'm curious since my OB wants us to do Clomid, but I never O'd with it, so I'm wondering if something else might work better.

• krissy920
    January 30, 2013 at 3:02 PM
    Last month with my chemical i had full and tender breasts, i felt pregnant. I thought i was out this month because i feel great and the only thing out of the normal is im thirtsy, it cant be quenched. I got my bfp today at 12 dpo af was due friday. So dont let not having symptoms get you down :-) hope you af is a no show this week :-)
  • Bero2007
    January 30, 2013 at 3:40 PM

The success rate for injectables is much higher but so is the chance for multiples. Like news worthy multiples. They pretty much warned me that I may have to make a decision on selective reduction if we do the injectables because the risk is so high.  After almost 2 years of TTC I just want a baby even if it means 2 or 3 lol.  It's also a bit more expensive because of the drugs and extra appointments to check on the follie growth but my insurance covers 90% of all infertility treatments so we are ready to do it.

I just feel like if I was pregnant I'd have at least a BFP by now :/ I'm testing again Saturday if she isn't here but the nurse did say since my progesterone was 20 it will take longer to come down which means a delay in AF.

How high did you go on your clomid? I didn't get a good O until I was at 150mg but we never got pregnant on it.  My highest progesterone on it was 14.6.  They did 5mg femara this cycle and my progesterone was 20 so I reacted much better to it. I wonder if they can try that with you?

Quoting GwenMB:

SO AF hasn't started yet? You are definitely still in if it hasn't started. Not all pregnancies are the same & many women have no symptoms until long after the BFP.

Why are you moving on to injectables? Are they more successful usually? Do you know anything about the risk of multiples with them?

I'm curious since my OB wants us to do Clomid, but I never O'd with it, so I'm wondering if something else might work better.

• Bero2007
    January 30, 2013 at 3:41 PM

you know it's funny I'm always the first person to say it's not out till af is here! and here I am in those shoes of ugh 13dpiui and no bfp so I must be out. Haha. Maybe I'll be able to eat my own words. I wish

Quoting krissy920:

Last month with my chemical i had full and tender breasts, i felt pregnant. I thought i was out this month because i feel great and the only thing out of the normal is im thirtsy, it cant be quenched. I got my bfp today at 12 dpo af was due friday. So dont let not having symptoms get you down :-) hope you af is a no show this week :-)

• GwenMB
    by GwenMB
    January 30, 2013 at 3:44 PM

They would be mighty sweet words to eat! :)

I know what you mean, though.  So much easier to tell it to someone else than believe it for  yourself.

Quoting Bero2007:

you know it's funny I'm always the first person to say it's not out till af is here! and here I am in those shoes of ugh 13dpiui and no bfp so I must be out. Haha. Maybe I'll be able to eat my own words. I wish

Quoting krissy920:

• mommaslilmen
    January 30, 2013 at 3:44 PM
    I'm sorry :( to be honest I've never really felt pregnant with any of my pregnancies. With my oldest I didn't find out I was until somewhere around 15-17 weeks along. I wish you the very best of luck and lots of baby dust
  • GwenMB
    by GwenMB
    January 30, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I could never do selective reduction, so perhaps injectables aren't for me.

I think I did 100mg of Clomid, but I don't remember for sure. So maybe 100 or 150 mg of Clomid would do it for me.  Or maybe Femara, I was reading something about Femara being better for the uterine lining, Clomid can thin it too much after a few cycles.

I need to call & schedule an appt with my OB & take it from there. Assuming DH & I decide we do want to actively ttc again (I'm sure he does, I'm just not sure if I do).

Quoting Bero2007:

The success rate for injectables is much higher but so is the chance for multiples. Like news worthy multiples. They pretty much warned me that I may have to make a decision on selective reduction if we do the injectables because the risk is so high.  After almost 2 years of TTC I just want a baby even if it means 2 or 3 lol.  It's also a bit more expensive because of the drugs and extra appointments to check on the follie growth but my insurance covers 90% of all infertility treatments so we are ready to do it.

I just feel like if I was pregnant I'd have at least a BFP by now :/ I'm testing again Saturday if she isn't here but the nurse did say since my progesterone was 20 it will take longer to come down which means a delay in AF.

How high did you go on your clomid? I didn't get a good O until I was at 150mg but we never got pregnant on it.  My highest progesterone on it was 14.6.  They did 5mg femara this cycle and my progesterone was 20 so I reacted much better to it. I wonder if they can try that with you?

Quoting GwenMB:

• Bero2007
    January 30, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I hope you decide to try again :) Femara actually had way less side effects and has a much lower risk of clomid as well. And most insurance companies haven't caught on that it's used for infertility so they cover it lol. My pharmacy called me when I filled it from their special prescription program. They thought I was using it for breast cancer lol. They were sweet though.

Quoting GwenMB:

I think I did 100mg of Clomid, but I don't remember for sure. So maybe 100 or 150 mg of Clomid would do it for me.  Or maybe Femara, I was reading something about Femara being better for the uterine lining, Clomid can thin it too much after a few cycles.

I need to call & schedule an appt with my OB & take it from there. Assuming DH & I decide we do want to actively ttc again (I'm sure he does, I'm just not sure if I do).

Quoting Bero2007:

Quoting GwenMB:

• GwenMB
    by GwenMB
    January 30, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Thanks. :)  Yeah, when googling Femara, I saw their website where it said it wasn't for premenopausal women.  Which made me wonder why do many women are taking it for fertility purposes. But then I read something from an OB talking about using it for ovulation. I guess what the insurance companies don't know, won't hurt them!

It would be funny to take Femara & have it filled by my regular pharmacy which is run by another parent at my sons' school.  She likely is already wondering what's up since I got a progesterone suppository from them. lol

Quoting Bero2007:

I hope you decide to try again :) Femara actually had way less side effects and has a much lower risk of clomid as well. And most insurance companies haven't caught on that it's used for infertility so they cover it lol. My pharmacy called me when I filled it from their special prescription program. They thought I was using it for breast cancer lol. They were sweet though.

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting Bero2007:

Quoting GwenMB:

• Bero2007
    January 30, 2013 at 4:32 PM

LOL When I picked it up it said warning do not take if pregnant or trying to get pregnant. Then I got my trigger shot shipped and it said the same thing! I was like um is my dr crazy? Ha!

Quoting GwenMB:

Thanks. :)  Yeah, when googling Femara, I saw their website where it said it wasn't for premenopausal women.  Which made me wonder why do many women are taking it for fertility purposes. But then I read something from an OB talking about using it for ovulation. I guess what the insurance companies don't know, won't hurt them!

It would be funny to take Femara & have it filled by my regular pharmacy which is run by another parent at my sons' school.  She likely is already wondering what's up since I got a progesterone suppository from them. lol

Quoting Bero2007:

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting Bero2007:

Quoting GwenMB:

TTC - Trying to Conceive

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts