TTC - Trying to Conceive

Featured Posts
GwenMB
Miscarriage - what to expect - Update
by GwenMB
January 25, 2013 at 10:15 PM

So I had my hcg tested again yesterday & my OB called with the results this morning.  Last Thursday it was 180, yesterday it was 193.  So I clearly am going to miscarry at some point.  It went up, but not nearly enough to indicate a viable pregnancy.

He said something about doing another blood test if I don't start bleeding but I missed how long to wait.

How long would you guess that it would take for me to actually miscarry?

He said to stop taking the progesterone supplement but not to throw it out.  He really wants my DH & I to have another baby & was suggesting I come in to talk to him about Clomid.  He said it helps with egg quality but also with supporting the corpus luteum (I think I have the term right).  Not sure what I think there, not a huge fan of Clomid or know if I really want to go through trying again.  But we won't decide that right now anyway.

Update - I started bleeding yesterday. So far, not too bad. It's only slightly heavier than an af. Mild cramping this morning, but Tylenol took care of it.

Replies

• Mama_Dolly
    January 26, 2013 at 11:33 AM
    When I miscarried I bled for a week by two weeks my numbers were back to normal
  • 3kidz123
    January 26, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I lost a baby once. It was a missed misscariage which means it stopped developing but stuck around. Mine stop growing before it got a heart beat so maby about 5 weeks and I didn't actually loose it till 10. I had a crappy doctor and didn't even know for sure I lost it till 9 weeks.

Sorry for your loss hun :(

• toopicky429
    January 26, 2013 at 11:50 AM
    It varies a lot. I had an ectopic in 2011, and lost my tube to that. Two weeks later I started bleeding, and it lasted for 58 days. It was very frustrating. To go through a loss, and then have to wait for what seemed like forever to start trying again. Good luck and lots of hugs and prayers!
  • Lindyjf
    by Lindyjf
    January 26, 2013 at 11:52 AM
    Oh no!!! I'm so sorry!!! Hug & prayers!!!
  • amc103
    by amc103
    January 26, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Oh no!!!! GwenMB Im really really sorry to hear this. :-( I know there's nothing anyone can say, but know that Im here for you and am sending you a hug through the computer. :-( 

When I miscarried last year, it was after we saw a heartbeat. I went in for what should have been my 8 week appt and she couldnt find a HB and baby only measured 6w5d. Her machine was pretty old so she told me to meet her at the hospital the next day to use a better machine. The next day, still no HB, still no growth past 6w5d. I told her I wanted my body to pass it naturally. I waited an additional 3 weeks. Nothing happened. I had taken a month off of work when I first found out, (I teach English as a second language) because like you, I was afraid of it starting when I was in class. (that would have been a nightmare) It never happened. My body held on for so long. finally, 3 days before Christmas, I went in and had the D&C. When it was over, I felt like a weight had been lifted. I was able to just move onto grief and recovery. Those three weeks were really bad because I was in limbo. I didnt realize when it was happening that it was preventing me from moving on with the grief process. I would suggest doing the D&C, if/when you're ready. Im so sorry. :-(

• GwenMB
    by GwenMB
    January 29, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Bump for update

• Freckles0808
    January 29, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss.  :(  Sending big hugs and healing vibes your way.

• GwenMB
    by GwenMB
    January 29, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Quoting Freckles0808:

I'm so sorry for your loss.  :(  Sending big hugs and healing vibes your way.

Thanks.

• Laurajc06
    January 29, 2013 at 2:55 PM
    I'm so sorry Gwen, I hope it's over for you soon and you can heal. ((Hugs))
  • xLilBit22
    January 29, 2013 at 2:58 PM
    I only miscarried naturally 1x the last 2x i had a d&c. Sorry u have to go through this

TTC - Trying to Conceive

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN