TTC - Trying to Conceive

Featured Posts
toria78
Why??
by toria78
November 18, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Ok so we found out about 2 weeks ago our oldest dd that is 16 is pg it was a shock but we are adjusting. i even had her on bc hoping to prevent this. Its just weird now to still be ttc knowing my dd is pg and our children may not be far apart in age, but im still young and wanted one more baby with my hubby, we only have one together, the other children are from previous relationships.

Not only am i jealous that my dd is pg on friday my friend said she is pg also, it wasnt a planned on either as the guy she is dating (also a friend of ours) drinks too much and treats her like crap, he doesnt want kids so she doesnt know what to do or how to tell him.

Im still waiting for AF to show up she is supposed to be here today, im hoping she doesnt.

Replies

• nateslovey
    November 18, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Awe! Hugs! AF is supposed to visit me today also... Fingers crossed for the both of us! 

• OregonMom80
    November 18, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Wow, that's a lot of news to deal with.  Best of luck to you and your family!

• 1moretolove
    November 18, 2012 at 3:39 PM
    So sorry, that's got to be hard. Hang in there, fx for you.
  • NoraDun
    by NoraDun
    November 18, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Sorry thats tough. I believe in teaching abstinance and watching children closely. Maybe the BC was a bad idea. Did you have your children young? I know you said your kids were from other relationshipS. If so maybe she is just following suit. My Hubby's family has this going on right now. One Momma had 7 kids by like 3 different father's. Now here daughters are having baby's starting very young. Her one daughter is on baby #3 and she is only 17 by her third baby daddy. Her oldeat baby is one. So she has been busy! Anyway, I would certainly discuss with your daughter the importance of her body and how precious it is, and if you had it rough with relationships etc maybe you could explain to her that and the importance on waiting to find a man who will cherish and love her. Its so hard raising girls this day and age!! I wish you the best, I can certainly see the stress involved in TTC while your daughter is pregnant. Maybe you should hold of TTC and concentrate on her. Make sure she is emotionally, financially, mentally, and mature enough for it. And if not try to help her get there before that baby comes. Well thats all the advice I think I can come up with. I wish you the best, and I wish your daughter the best too!

• x_Starr_x
    November 18, 2012 at 4:33 PM
    eeeshhh
  • toria78
    by toria78
    November 19, 2012 at 9:34 AM
    I do tell my children that they should not have sex at a young age and should wait til they find someone special and be married first. But i also know i cant be with my children 24/7. My children do not get to go wherever they want or do whatever they have rules and they do follow my them. Yes my children are from different relationships, i have sux with my ex husband (we were married 10yrs) and then i have one with my hubby now and he has ine from an ex girlfriend so i wasnt sleeping around gettin pg by just anyone so i do not believe my daughter was trying to get pg. I put her on bc because she came to me and told me she had sex, i wasnt happy but i put her on bc and told her to use condoms also if she was going to have sex to keep her protected. She is as ready as she can get for a baby at least emotionally and mentally. We will be her to support her and her boyfriend of two years will be here too. He works and is going to college. my dayghter will finish highschool, she is a junior this yr and the alternative school she goes to has a nursery in it for the girls who have babies, and shockinly there are four girls with babies and two other pg and they are all 16 or 17 yra old. Thanks for the advice :)

Quoting NoraDun:

Sorry thats tough. I believe in teaching abstinance and watching children closely. Maybe the BC was a bad idea. Did you have your children young? I know you said your kids were from other relationshipS. If so maybe she is just following suit. My Hubby's family has this going on right now. One Momma had 7 kids by like 3 different father's. Now here daughters are having baby's starting very young. Her one daughter is on baby #3 and she is only 17 by her third baby daddy. Her oldeat baby is one. So she has been busy! Anyway, I would certainly discuss with your daughter the importance of her body and how precious it is, and if you had it rough with relationships etc maybe you could explain to her that and the importance on waiting to find a man who will cherish and love her. Its so hard raising girls this day and age!! I wish you the best, I can certainly see the stress involved in TTC while your daughter is pregnant. Maybe you should hold of TTC and concentrate on her. Make sure she is emotionally, financially, mentally, and mature enough for it. And if not try to help her get there before that baby comes. Well thats all the advice I think I can come up with. I wish you the best, and I wish your daughter the best too!

• ProudMama1125
    November 19, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Aww.. I hope af stays away for 9mths!! GL!
    As for your dd... atleast she didn't try to hide it from you. It's going to be rough, but with the support you are going to give her... I bet she turns out to be an awesome Mommy!

Good luck to you and your daughter too!

• toria78
    by toria78
    November 19, 2012 at 10:15 AM
    Thanks. We are still trying naturally, its only been 4 months since i had the iud removed so i know it can take awhile to get pg.

Quoting nqhappy1:

Best of luck to you, and hopefully AF will not make an appearance. Then you and your DD could go through the whole thing together, that would be great, even if she is quite young. Are you still trying naturally, or is this an assisted IUI or IVF attempt? Either way, i wish you luck!

• smyeary
    by smyeary
    November 19, 2012 at 10:41 AM
    I'm not in same boat with the DD being pregnant but my OH has a 16 years old son from his deceased wife. And we have to watch his little fast girlfriend.. another story. But he has four other kids previous and I have two from previous relationship. We have one and would like to have another one together. But my friend has BD living with her and they are sleeping together but not together. He doesn't want anymore but she does. She is late on her af and I want to be late... no really fair with people who don't want a.baby and get pregnant. Hope you get yours, GL

TTC - Trying to Conceive

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN